Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Upper Michigan >

Hi from Upper Michigan

Hi from Upper Michigan

Old 01-28-2009, 10:35 AM

Welcome from Southern California. I can't see my closest fabric store from my window, but it only takes me 2 min to drive there. I could walk, but then I would have to carry my purchases home, and that would get to heavy. Glad to have you on the board.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Welcome, from Pittsburgh, PA :D
Old 01-28-2009, 11:34 AM
bj

Hi and welcome (again) from Texas. One of my best friends has a cabin in the woods there. She keeps inviting me up to go to the cabin, but it's pretty primitive (no indoor plumbing or power) and I have yet to take her up on the offer. I'd probably whine the whole time. :) It really is lovely there though.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:36 AM

OMG You can see a quilt store from your house? I would never pay off my bills !!! Welcome!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM

Hello & welcome from the state of Washington. We are glad to have you join our quilting board.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM

Hi Lisa and welcome to the board. So glad to have you with us. Love the pictures you have posted so far....keep up the good work.

I cannot believe you can actually SEE a quilt shop from your house!!! If they did not need another employee, I would just be a quilt shop volunteer!! How fun for you to live so close!!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:44 AM

Welcome from Jackson, MI. Glad you found us. Kathy
Old 01-31-2009, 06:28 AM

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana :-)
Old 02-01-2009, 10:28 PM

Hi Lisa

I to am new to this site....... I live in Northern Wisconsin.

I am sure you will enjoy the site as much as I do......... only one thing...
You will get hooked on the site and not have as much time to quilt as you did before. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just ask me I know......... There are so many nice people here and so much tallent if you have been looking at all the wonderful work people have posted...... Welocme and I hope to chat with you one day....... Scrap Quilter

PS please post some of you work.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa T
Hello! I just found this site tonight and was immediately hooked!
I am (only recently) a SAHM. I have a 2 yr. old and a newly minted 5 yr. old, both boys. I have been quilting ever since my teen years, and my family has always made "utilitarian" type of quilts, mostly to give away. In the past few years my mom, sister and I have been taking classes here and there, trying to improve our skill set.
I live in Menominee, Mi, which is a border city to Marinette, Wi. (The Menominee River divides us.) Smallish towns, roughly 10,000 each, but I am only about an hour from Green Bay, Wi.
Now I will make everyone hate me: I live less than 2 blocks from my local quilt store and I can SEE it from my bedroom window. (My husband does not think that is such a wonderful thing!)
I hope to make some new quilty friends on here!
About seeing the LQS from your bedroom window -- tell your DH I said to "chill" bc there could be a lot worse things. :lol:

Welcome to the board from South Louisiana. Our little village is ALMOST town status. We are still under 1000. Isn't that amazing?! Our little village (of course, we say town) is sandwiched between and bayou and a railroad track. (The track has since been abandoned in the last few years.) That is where the original lines were. In several areas the town has jumped the track and incorporated a few sections. Then the village has included more property at each end of town. That is the only way our population can increase. So when you say smallish town of 10,000, I smile. Glad to have you here.