Howdy from Not Las Vegas, Nevada!

Old 03-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Suzie
Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.
Thank you, Oklahoma Suzie!
Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Google Goddess

Hi, Waving from Indiana, USA

Above go to the user list and type in Nevada and it will bring up other members from your state. Just send them a private message.

I met a nice lady from Indiana and we have become close friends. Awesome!

Originally Posted by gdcleanfun
Any other quilters from Nevada?
Old 03-22-2010, 03:12 PM

Welcome from cool Minnesota - you can find others from Nevada by going to the top of the message board page - click on 'user list' - then put in your state name in the second box down (the first one is for searching for members by name) - hit search and it will show who else says they are from your state. But, if they didn't put that info in their profile to begin with, it won't list those people. Have fun on the board! There's a great bunch of quilters here - guys & gals - from all over the world!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:02 PM

Hi Gdcleanfun! Welcome. I have learned so much from the great quilters on this board. I live in Vegas. Would love to hear about the stores in Pahrump. We go over 'the hump' once in awhile. (love to take the grandkids camping at Terrible's Lakeside Resort) Our Walmarts are all losing the fabric departments. Are you in a guild? I've never joined one but would like to find out about them.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM

Hello and welcome from Texas :-)
Old 03-23-2010, 10:10 AM

Wow, Hi every one, and thanks for all your responses and the info on how to find other Nevadans.

@ Lynn, we have 4 places in Pahrump that sell fabric. The Quilted Dragon has the most fabric and classes and kits and books and notions/tools. Bernina's is good too but with less fabric. Then we have Crewel World, they sell a small amount of fabric but have a good supply of yarns and embroidery threads. Lastly, there's Wal*Mart -- their selection of fabric is just okay, not the best quality, but okay if you are pinching pennies. lol If I can't find what I'm looking for here then I usually go online as it's too far for me to drive over the hump with my unreliable car. I sometimes ride along to the city if a friend is driving. Most of my friends are quilters so there's usually not a problem talking them into stopping at a local quilt shoppe, especially if I pay for gas. lol
Old 04-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Hi fellow Pahrumpian. Have you lived here long? PM me sometime and maybe we can plan a trip to Vegas. That would be fun.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:56 PM

Katia, Hi! I sent you a PM.
Debi
Old 04-07-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lynn Luker
Hi Gdcleanfun! Welcome. I have learned so much from the great quilters on this board. I live in Vegas. Would love to hear about the stores in Pahrump. We go over 'the hump' once in awhile. (love to take the grandkids camping at Terrible's Lakeside Resort) Our Walmarts are all losing the fabric departments. Are you in a guild? I've never joined one but would like to find out about them.
Lynn, here's a link for you to check to see if there is a Desert Quilters of Nevada (DWN) quilt circle near you.

http://www.desertquiltersofnevada.or..._locations.php

There could be other circles in the Las Vegas area that might not be associated with DQN, maybe you could google for some. Our circle in Pahrump, Shadow Mountain Quilters, is no longer affiliated with them, but I wish we still were! (Goofy politics!) They have some pretty snazzy (well known) speakers!

Quilty Hugs!
Debi
Old 04-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Google Goddess

Welcome