Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
I Aquired This Machine.... >

I Aquired This Machine....

I Aquired This Machine....

Old 04-13-2022, 04:52 AM

Default I Aquired This Machine....

I have looked everywhere for about 2 days on figuring out how much to get rid of this sewing machine I found for... I just want an educated opinion versus I've been getting alot of "ummm welll idk can't look it up never heard of it" from antique dealers around me.

NOV. 23 1938 Belknap Hardware & MFG. Co
Blue Grass, National Model -A-
Serial Number 5B 948926A
Has a little oak stand it sits in with its original warranty and instruction manual.
Old 04-13-2022, 04:18 PM

OK I consider myself fairly well educated on vintage machines. .But your responses aren't unusual. Many manufacturers would sell batches of sewing machine to anyone with enough money and they could put their own name on the machine. They are called badged machines .and they turn up with a fair amount of regularity. I know other hardware stores who put their names on. If you could put a picture ( make it under 2mb) it would help us further. We could maybe tell you who actually made it, How do you happen to have a date?
Old 04-13-2022, 06:25 PM

If you found it and want to be rid of it, why don't you donate it to Goodwill or other thrift store.
http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/worth.htm
"How Much Is My Machine Worth?" Question Answered Post #1 & Post #8 in particular.
If you find an antique store that says it worth $$$ ask them if they will buy it for half of that amount.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)