Just found you

Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 PM

Hi! I just decided I was tired of trying to find things to do on the computer when I can't sleep and found this site. Looks interesting and fun. I'm a rancher's wife from Nebraska who has two grown married daughters and three grandkids. Spend a great deal of time being "grandma" right now but LOVE to quilt and am a fabriholic of the worst degree----my family says I have more fabric than most quilt shops. That's a bit of an exaggeration but I would love to own a quilt shop someday and need ideas. Anyone got any? I don't get as much quilting done as I'd like but hope to do more in the coming weeks as I have some FUN projects in mind and want quilts for my grandkids' Christmas presents this year. Have started quite a few people quilting and enjoy teaching them and encouraging them. It's the greatest hobby in the world! Kady
Old 08-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Welcome to our quilters home! Please post pictures or your quilts! There's also a topic for pets. Frankly, any animal is welcome. We love to hear about them too!

Here's the link;

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/1020.page
Old 08-11-2007, 07:40 AM

Kady
WELCOME, You will have a good time here and the inspiration that is on this site is never ending. There are no quilt police, and alot of friendly people. All work recieves praise, and encouragment. If you have a question, just ask. You'll recieve several replies. Don't be a stranger, come often and sit a spell.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:51 AM

Welcome to the most addictive group on the 'net, Kady. We love to share so do plan on lengthy visits cause it's hard to stop once you begin reading.

Sharon
Old 08-11-2007, 10:00 AM

Thank you! I'm alone a lot and think it would be great to have someone to "talk" to. This group sounds GREAT! :D Am a dog lover but don't have one of my own. My "grandpuppy" was run over last April 17th and I still tear up when I think of her-----we were special buddies-----so I will be glad to hear about anyone's special dogs......am partial to beagles and Yorkies but any type of dog is a wonderful creature. What do some of you do to get you motivated when aches and pains make you just want to sit in a chair rather than move even if it is to quilt? That seems to be my biggest problem of late.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:11 AM

Kady
Sorry about your granbuddy. We have a thread on here for furry friends, lots of pictures to share. I have a buddy named Willow. He is a Yorkie-shitz-zu mix, I call him a Yo-Shitz. He's 3 yrs old this month. I love him to pieces. Hes smart and still as playful as a pup. he has a spot in my sewing rm, but dosen't come up here much unless hes got to go out. He is usually constantly by my side. He sleeps right beside me. He loves my grans. he sits on my lap when I'm hand quilting, and usually is under the qulit loom. I think hes jealous of my my quilting because it takes time away from him.When your feeling down and the aches and pains try to steal your joy, Look at quilt books or quilt mags to get inspiration and not think about it. Why don't you get a new buddy? Check out your local shelters, there are alot of buddys that would love to be your buddy. And you sound as tho you have alot of love to share.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:20 AM

Have also just joined and am still finding my way round but glad to meet you. been quilting for about 10 years now and still learning something new every day.
Keep Stitching
Old 08-12-2007, 06:55 AM

Welcome to the family, Kady! Glad to have you. Please do post pictures, we'd love to see them. I have family in Nebraska, where about do you live?
Old 08-12-2007, 07:00 AM

Welcome Kady! I'm new here, too, and also live in Nebraska!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:09 PM

Again, thanks for all your welcoming notes. Becky, your Willow sounds wonderful! The perfect pet and companion. I'm a little jealous! :D I'd love to get a dog but my lifestyle at the moment-----helping care for an elderly mother, grandkids, going as many places as I can with my husband, etc.-----makes having one seem a little selfish since I'd have to farm it out all the time and that isn't fair to the dog. Someday! I live in northcentral Nebraska in the Sandhills in Valentine. We ranch north of town in South Dakota but chose to live in town for schools, etc. many years ago. Where in Nebraska are you refibered and your relatives love2teach? I've been quilting off and on since my first quilt class in 1988 and attending conventions since the mid 90's. Didn't go this year due to an illness of a family member at the time I needed to register-----things were too much up in the air. Will be in Chadron next year with bells on!