Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Looking for a quilt pattern >

Looking for a quilt pattern

Old 05-09-2020, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by granky View Post
Welcome to the quilting board from Southern Indiana. Sorry I can't help you with your search, but I'm sure someone will come up with the correct one...the board members are experts at finding things!

thanks. I hope to learn how to navigate the board better. I keep logging myself out of the thread.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:23 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 05-10-2020, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I Googled Memories of Japan quilt and found bunches of them. Can you give more info about the quilt? Or better yet, give us a link to the one you want?

If this is the quilt, https://www.pinterest.com/pin/394909461057351927/ then I saw where the name is Bento Box, but I question this. This pattern looks like a double shadow box to me. This is a single Shadow Box pattern. https://jordanfabrics.com/pages/shadow-box-free-pattern
i apologize if I have responded multiple times to you. I am having a time figuring out how to manage this site. The first is the one I am looking for. I just can’t find a US place to purchase the pattern. My son love everything Japanese. He spent some time there and I want to make it for him. Any more info you can provide would be very much appreciated. Have a good day.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:40 AM

I don't belong to Pinterest so I'm not sure if what I see when you make your link is what you want. There is the one with the floating square sort of effect, a larger print with black background, or then entirely different things when I click that link -- basically it's clickbait with sales links inside at least for me.

These boards changed format earlier this year and we are still getting used to some of the links and navigation things. I tried several ways to look at you quilting board post. If you can find that again, click on the post number (like this one will likely be 14) and open it as a new window, or once you open it, copy the URL address, and then post it again over here.

I'll edit this in just a second to show what the url will look like.
It should just open this post up again in a different window which will be confusing...

Last edited by Iceblossom; 05-10-2020 at 05:41 AM. Reason: adding link right back to this post
Old 05-11-2020, 02:30 PM
cjr

Just saw this morning on Michael Miller Fabrics free pattern in blue & white a pieced Japan themed quilt. Nice pattern
Old 05-11-2020, 03:09 PM

I don't know if Clip52 saw it, but I found the original thread and their first posts in here:
Neil's Oriental quilt

Still looking for a full pattern but I did find this tutorial on how to make the floating look. The quilt in question is just one more row and sashing (I think)

http://www.inquiringquilter.com/ques...-shadow-quilts