Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Lots of quilters with dogs >

Lots of quilters with dogs

Lots of quilters with dogs

Old 10-28-2010, 05:58 PM

We have a 5 mth old, 64 lb chocolate lab. He wants to sit under the table by my feet when I sew. He has stepped on the foot pedal and put the machine in action. Startled the dickens out of me. Said my thank you prayer really fast that my hands weren't in the way. I don't think he has been back under since. Mama has a really big voice.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:01 PM

We have 2 dogs. Max, our black lab mix, is the avatar photo. We also have a white maltipoo. She weighs about 8 lbs. They are quite a pair!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:21 PM

I just have my 13 yr old Pom. She is so sweet. When I am quilting she is usually under the quilt or on a rug right by my chair. I do my quilting upstairs in a spare bedroom, and Kodi hates it upstairs, but she refused to stay down stairs if I am upstairs, even if "daddy" is down stairs.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:13 PM

I have two miniature schnauzers, Vanilla & Spice, who are now 9 & 8. Vanilla is a white male(he picked his own name ,incidentally)& Spice is a black female. They are mates, puppy-free!(Both fixed as puppies-even though they are purebreds)Spice especially likes to play quality-control whenever I start laying blocks out. I love my four-legged babies!
Old 10-28-2010, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by rob529
We have a 5 mth old, 64 lb chocolate lab. He wants to sit under the table by my feet when I sew. He has stepped on the foot pedal and put the machine in action. Startled the dickens out of me. Said my thank you prayer really fast that my hands weren't in the way. I don't think he has been back under since. Mama has a really big voice.
We had a Great Dane/Lab mix for a while when the kids were younger. He could walk under the dining room table and pick it up with his back at 7 months. He ate a couch. Then he learned how to open the fridge and ate everything in there. I came home to birthday cake, ketchup, Pepsi and some things I tried not to identify.

We decided that he need WAY more stimulation than we could provide. We adopted him out to a family with a farm. He was much happier there with tons of room to run and other animals with which to play.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM

I have two English Springer Spaniels my 12 year old Rose is always at my feet whatever I am doing. Celeste the 6 year old is always looking out the window into the street and lets me know if anyone comes to the door, they are great company.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM

I have two English Springer Spaniels my 12 year old Rose is always at my feet whatever I am doing. Celeste the 6 year old is always looking out the window into the street and lets me know if anyone comes to the door, they are great company.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:58 PM

5 dogs! two black labs - one is my daughters who cannot have pets in her apartment. One Benji type dog (a rescue dog) who belongs to my other daughter who also can't have pets in her apartment! a small terrier and a border collie - both rescue dogs! Gets hectic in morning getting them all out and of course feeding time. But they just are happy if they know where I am in the house and don't bother - now the 5 cats are another story....!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 PM

I have my one and only Gracie Marie...a miniature Schnauzer! Oh what a personality she has....just love her to death!
Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 AM

Here are my babies. We got them for our Asperger Syndrome daughter and it has helped with social skills.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-110592.jpe