My intro

Old 04-17-2007, 04:29 PM

I'm a very new quilter. I've been sewing for years. I've always admired quilts. Am just learning how. My mom taught me pretty much everything I know about sewing, but she's not a quilter. No quilter's in my family. So I'm going to fend for myself and figure it out on my own.

So far, I've made one very simple baby quilt. More of a 'memory quilt.' I'm working on 2 right now that will be graduation gifts for my step-daughter and for my sister. They're both denim and also 'memory quilt' style. Simple design. *Very* untraditional as far as 'quilts' go. All machine quilted with applique work and embroidery and other 'decoration' as I call it. Getting my sewing room set-up in our new house. I'm so excited to learn from you guys! I'll be mostly a lurker for a while. But wanted to say "hello."
Old 04-17-2007, 05:21 PM

Hello and Welcome! You are going to love all of your helpful new friends here. I hope you enjoy this site, as I am sure you will visit it often like the rest of us...lol. :D
Old 04-17-2007, 06:38 PM

A good place to start learnng new things is with our BOM. we have done 4 so far you can do the block when you want or do it when it is posted. We keep our own blocks. Some of us post the pic ture of the block each month on the picyure page.

If you go to the main page you can look for March BOM April BOM and April15th BOM.

I learned to do points finaly

Mostly enjoy yourself and have fun we're all here to help
Old 04-18-2007, 08:25 AM

Hello! You have half the learning over as a regular sewer. Now you really get the chance to put it all to work for you, and the fun is just beginning. Enjoy!