Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: New Girl to Bernina and Quilting

Post New Girl to Bernina and Quilting

Hi! New to this wonderful craft. Bought a used Bernina Virtuosa 150 QE and l really want to get started. Need advice! lol.

Blog Entries
    My advice is to not be too hard on yourself while you are learning...well...and even after you know what you are doing! Quilting is a wonderful creative outlet, and you should never, ever, think everything has to be perfect. It simply has to please you.
    Life happens...and we react...

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Start out with smaller projects and work your way up. Lots of good videos from the Missouri Star Quilt co. on pot holders, placemats and table runners.

Welcome to the board and the world of quilting, my advice is to remember to have fun We are here for you in good times and bad, and I learned a lot of lessons the hard way, my hope is to prevent other people from learning that way.
    Quilters: Advanced tool using humans.

Power Poster
    Welcome from Minnesota!

Power Poster
    Welcome from Michigan!

Waving hello from Maryland. Happy quilting!

Welcome from North Carolina! The more you quilt, the more you will improve. So don't expect things to be perfect. Work on getting your 1/4" seams straight ... find an easy pattern you like ... and start small. The more you sew the more comfortable you will be with your machine.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Howdy from Texas! As a new quilter I think you've come to the right Quilting Board. This place is full of knowledge, encouragement & fun. Ask as many questions as you need to. We all benefit from questions & answers. No question is to little or to big for this board to handle. We love pictures so be sure to learn how to upload them here. There is a limit on size so if your first one does not upload try to reduce it some & I bet 9 times out of 10 that is the reason that it did not upload. I'm glad you are here!

Welcome from Colorado. I am a new quilter as well. I just completed my first one, posted in the pictures thread and on my profile. It isn't perfect but I love it because I learned a lot and and ready to move to the next one. I watch a lot of you tube videos.

Hi techgirl! That's a fabulous machine. I've had mine since 2001 and it's never been in the shop except for cleaning.
    When I started quilting there was no such thing as Youtube. That could be your new best friend! Tons of quilting tutorials there.
    Glad you joined us!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! Quilting is exciting even if you have mistakes to correct it is exciting. As earlier mentioned there will be mistakes it goes with the turf. There is no such thing as a perfect quilt. The good news it that you like it and you are the only one that counts. Enjoy your new machine. You are one lucky lady.