Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New from Indiana >

New from Indiana

New from Indiana

Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 AM
Jan

Hi all, :) I have been on here before but lost my password so now can be back on!!!! My name is Jan and I live in harlan, Indiana. I am new to quilting very new. Am doing a BOM at our local quilt shop and some of it is trying for me but am looking up on learnin g. Just finished a shop hop this weekend and that was neat! Am married have 3 grown children and almost 12 grandchildren. My husband has 5 grown children so we intermixed! :lol: Hope to join in and meet alot of you great quilting gals. Have a great day. Jan
Old 03-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Hi Jan,
Welcome back. Keep a little pocket sized notebook somewhere away from your computer with your passwords. Locked area, of course, so no one would be able to get into your accounts.
Sharon
Old 03-20-2007, 04:48 PM

Hi Jan and Welcome to this group: This is a good bunch of people, always right on top of answering any questions you may have. I have enjoyed my time on here. I was raised in IN. Now live in VA. I truley miss the small towns that we have up there. I live in Portsmouth VA. which all ties in to Norfolk, Williamsburg, VA Beach. It's all just one big place. Alot of traffic to deal with. Military, alot of. Everyone is in such a hurry to get there faster than anyone else. And not enough roads and tunnels to deal with it all. I keep tapping my heels, and saying "there's no place like home".
Enjoy it there, and I wish I was there.

Julia58
Old 03-25-2007, 05:21 PM

Hi Jan,
I knew I had heard of Harlan, but I had to check my map to see where it is. I live in Decatur, a little ways south of you. I started quilting about a year ago, and I love it. We have 3 grown sons, 2 of them married, and 2 grandsons. I work full-time, but make sure I get some quilting time almost every day. Just finished my BOM for March and am now working on an Amish style wallhanging I started then put aside. Welcome to the message board. Most of the people are really friendly and very helpful.
Julie