Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to list--from Oklahoma >

New to list--from Oklahoma

New to list--from Oklahoma

Old 01-20-2007, 03:52 PM

Hello there quilters. I am extremely new here. I think I signed up yesterday. I hope to give and find answers here. And make new quilting friends of course. I am a member of a group that quilts for charity. I would qualify myself as a beginner. I am currently working on my first non-lap size quilt. I hope it's a queen when it's done. I love anything quilting, but it's hard for me to catch the shows on PBS so a lot of my quilting stuff is from the internet, books on basics, or watching my friends. I'm trying to learn by osmosis. HA!! Looking forward to meeting people.

I would quilt more often, but I am a stay at home mom of 3 and step mom of 5. I'm usually going in 5 or 6 directions at any one time. There are only 3 at home though, but they are very small and demand a lot of attention. I thank my lucky stars every school day that I have 2 in school. I can get stuff done then!!

Enjoy your weekend and I hope your weather is better than what it's supposed to be here.

Sincerely,

Melissa
Old 01-21-2007, 04:05 AM

Hey Melissa

I'm from Georgia, And you found a great place to meander.Lots of info, friendly people, good info as well as encouraging words, inspiration, and some real good laughs, that these precious quilters like to share. Welcome, You found your spot.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:02 AM

HI MELISSA
Welcome on! I am Nancy, from WI...have spent time in Ok. myself, My youngest son was born in Altus. I LOVE OK!! You have grabbed onto a wonderful site...any time day OR NIGHT!! (I have found talk at night, too!) You can ask ??s, and NOTHING is too elementary here! Enjoy your time here. Any time you want to talk, drop me a line. I have been quilting only a year, have made 2 childrens' quilts, one (large) twin for my son in Afghanistan, and several tablerunners. I started by taking a quilt class locally, and we still gewt together on Tues. evenings and sew as a group. It is great.....giving insentive!! Blessings and good luck! Nancy :lol:
Old 01-21-2007, 08:35 AM

I am in Oklahoma to I live in Claremore I am a old time quild er I have done most all kind I am learning to machinquilt it is so mush faster I have hand quilded over a 100 quild I would love to join thas group NEVA