Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: new member

Hi! My name is Gwin, which was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. She was a life-long quilter and taught me to quilt in 1970. Since then, I've set quilting aside several times because of life-events but I've always returned to it, finding much joy and comfort, and through the years, my quilting friends have always been been the ones who sustained me as I have tried to sustain them when life was throwing lemons at us. I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with everyone here. I am a widow and my 3 grandchildren are the lights of my life.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from Illinois. I'm sure you will enjoy all the friendship of this board. :)

Blog Entries
    Welcome Gwin you landed upon a great site.
    from cedar city ut.

Thanks you, craftiladi. Maybe I should add that I'm a native Texan and still a Texan at heart though happily transplanted to the beautiful Pacific Northwest almost 18 years ago.

Thank you, Lisa_wanna_b_quilter. My Air Force pilot husband was stationed in Illinois for 2 years in the late '70s and I still have a friend there. We survived the winter of '77-'78 in southern Illinois!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    77- 78 was a tough winter! We missed tons and tons of school. The snow plow got stuck trying to plow the road to our house and a bulldozer had to be brought in to dig it out.

My Uncle was in the Air Force stationed at Scott a couple of different times over the years.

Welcome from Lynchburg, VA!!

Rose Hall

Hi, and welcome from Oklahoma.

Welcome from Hannibal, Missouri.

Blog Entries
    [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...um/welcome.gif[/img]
    So happy that you joined us :D:D:D

Hello and welcome from Ontario

Blog Entries
    Hi there! Welcome to the board! I have 3 grandsons and another grandson on the way! And 2 of them live in texas! I miss them so much! You will love it here!

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Welcome from Northern California. I'm new to this kind of thing and am really enjoying the sharing. Am sure you will, too. Everyone is soooo nice.

Welcome from Oregon!
    I have my grandma's name too : )
    Glad you joined us!

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

Hello and welcome from SW Iowa. Glad to have you with us.

Thanks you. My older son graduated from Iowa State in 1934.

Gwin

Ugh . . . I have to remember to proof-read! That should have read, "Thank you!" And if Adam had graduated from Iowa State in 1934 (instead of 1994) that would make me dead now. ;-)

Gwin

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!!!

Thanks you. We lived in Miami when I was in 8th grade through high school graduation (Miami Jackson, class of 1961). My father was transferred back to Texas after I graduated but I returned there with my husband and our sons when he got his MBA at the University of Florida, in 1976. I hope to be back in May to see the Space Shuttle launch. Gwin

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Hi Gwin and welcome from Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by gwin1943
    Hi! My name is Gwin, which was my maternal grandmother's maiden name. She was a life-long quilter and taught me to quilt in 1970. Since then, I've set quilting aside several times because of life-events but I've always returned to it, finding much joy and comfort, and through the years, my quilting friends have always been been the ones who sustained me as I have tried to sustain them when life was throwing lemons at us. I'm looking forward to sharing experiences with everyone here. I am a widow and my 3 grandchildren are the lights of my life.
    Welcome from South Louisiana. It seems that we have things in common. I love quilting and there are three light in my life also. Seven grandkids, two great grands, one DIL and 2 SILs come with the package. We all live within a 10 mile radius.

Oh, and did I mention that I have a newly retired DH !!

Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome! So many greetings came from states I've lived in because both my father when I was growing up, and my late husband during the course of his 20-yr Air Force career were transferred around the country frequently. I've lived in 9 states, several of them, 2 or 3 times. I had babies in Michigan and Louisiana. Gwin in WA state

Quote Originally Posted by gwin1943
    Thank you to everyone for making me feel so welcome! So many greetings came from states I've lived in because both my father when I was growing up, and my late husband during the course of his 20-yr Air Force career were transferred around the country frequently. I've lived in 9 states, several of them, 2 or 3 times. I had babies in Michigan and Louisiana. Gwin in WA state
    Ah more commonalities -- where in Louisiana? And my godchild/nephew was in the Air Force for 16 years. He's now a priest serving in South Louisiana.

When my husband was based at Barksdale AFB outside Shreveport (1971 - 1974) , our son was born in the hospital in Bossier City. Gwin