New from Ohio

Old 06-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Hi. welcome from Arizona. You will find lots of friends here,
Old 06-12-2011, 01:08 PM

I had lived in Litchfield NH for about 3 years. It was Woodburn Rd. Right near Connie's. I loved that place. Now I really miss seafood. If I want fried clams I have to travel 200 miles round trip. Last time I did that I ended up with clam strips. But I've found another place I just have to drive there. I was about 30 miles from there today but didn't make it. It wouldn't be too bad here if it wasn't for the humidity. Sometimes the dewpoint is as high as the temp. That's the one thing I don't like about living here. No fabric this weekend. Pat
Old 06-12-2011, 01:27 PM

Hi Tammy,
This is a great place.
Welcome!
from Ohio
Old 06-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Power Poster

I remember Connie's well, and the huge portions they served. The first time we ate there I couldn't believe the amount of food they served. John and I were stuffed but our friends ate their dinner and then asked for dessert. Not sure where they put it. It's a nice area to raise a family. I'm slowly getting used to "city life", and it is nice that right across the street we have 2 pharmacies, a bank, Papa Gino's, liquor store and Fashion Bug, with a Wal-Mart less than 3 miles away. I've learned about a couple of quilt guilds from this website, so I have to take the time to check them out. Right now I'm focusing on finishing the family reunion quilt for July 4th. The blocks are done, I just figured out which fabric to use for sashing, and my girl friend will help me pin baste it Sat.; so I should be good to go. No pressure here, just what I put on myself. When I get the top together, I'll try to post a picture. I used a block called Sister's Choice in memory of my sister who passed away shortly after the last reunion 2 years ago. I asked for dark blue fabric from my family and I'm using a white background so it should turn out nice. It's an adjustment moving to the Mid-West, and I remember the adjustment of moving here from Omaha. You're right, the humidity can be aweful, but hang in there, you eventually get more used to it in time. Keep on quilting.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:59 PM

Sounds like you are busy. I didn't have to babysit last week or next and I still got nothing done. By the time I take my mother for her 3 hour ride I'm too tired. At least at night I do my charity crochetting. I belong to a group that makes afghans for the needy. I belong to another group that makes polyester quilts. But we don't meet in the summer. Also belong to a craft guild. I wanted the quilt guild but when they meet I can't go. So the quilting gets left behind. Tomorrow I'm going to a Redwork group at the library. Today being in low 60's was great. I still like the cooler weather. Take it easy. Pat
Old 06-14-2011, 08:55 AM

Hello and welcome to the board from Huber Heights Ohio.