Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
new to the quiling world >

new to the quiling world

new to the quiling world

Old 04-16-2009, 03:58 PM

I am so sorry about your SIL. Cancer is such a horrible disease. I really think they can cure it and won't for financial reasons. I am glad your quilting has brought comfort. It is really relaxing.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Angie
Originally Posted by kwhite
Hi from PA. Yes TIppy and ANgie the Amish still do put a deliberate mistake into their quilts. I have two. Most of the time you would never see it. I know where they are in my quilts and still have to look hard. They beleive that only God is perfect so their quilts cannot be.

And Hillbilly I too took solice in quilting. My mom had just had her lung removed from cancer and I took with me a Giant Dahlia quilt top to hand peice while I was taking care of her. My mom is gone now but the beautiful quilt will always remind me of the time I spent with her. Currently a UFO.
I lost my grandmother in 1995 to bone cancer, I took family medical leave and didn't quilt then. I lost my dad January, 2008 to lung cancer and now my dear SIL who is also my BF is in the last stages of her cancer. They don't know where it orginated, but was in her hip, ribs, liver, lungs, and 3 brain tumors when she was finally diaganosed this past June. She has been a trooper and loves the things I have quilted for her. Since I started quilting a little over a year ago it has helped me get through some rough times as well as giving joy and comfort to those you love!

Sorry, sometimes I just get like the Energizer Bunny........... I just get on a roll and keep going & going & going.........
May our God hold you tight as your family goes down this path.
I have lost friends and family to cancer but all have been thankful for the kindness of quilters as well as knitters and crocheters and other crafters who make quilts, hats and blankets for all.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:03 AM

Thank you and God Bless!
Old 04-17-2009, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Hillbilly, I love your avatar name! My Dad used to say our family had a little bit more money than our Hillbilly neighbors, so he called us HILLWILLIAMS! I always laugh when I think of that!
Oh Loretta that is too funny :D
Old 04-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Hi Hillbilly, and welcome from the central part of Indiana :D
Old 04-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from SW Iowa. Remember they are not mistakes but what gives our quilts personality.