Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38

Thread: New Quilter Found awesome website!

  1. #1
    judymart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    56
    When I retired I moved to northern California where I can afford to live on my pension! To meet new people I joined a beginning quilters class. I recently finished my first quilt. I made it for my grand daughter. Now I'm hooked!

    I have just spent the last two hours browsing the tutorials and topics here. Now I have to get back to my quilting.

    Keep up the good work.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,638
    :thumbup:
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #3
    Senior Member HeatherQuilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    646
    Congrats on catching the "Quilting Bug"! I'm so glad you found us here, everyone is so helpful!
    Welcome to the board and the wonderful world of quilting!

  4. #4
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,663
    Blog Entries
    194
    welcome, waving from Indiana, USA

  5. #5
    Super Member 2 Doods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    1,816
    Waving at you from Oregon! Glad you found us. Where are you in N. Calif? I used to live in the golden state myself.

  6. #6
    judymart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Waving at you from Oregon! Glad you found us. Where are you in N. Calif? I used to live in the golden state myself.
    I live in Marysville. North of Sacramento and south of Chico.

    It's finally warming up here! But not looking forward to the real heat to come this summer.

  7. #7
    Super Member 2 Doods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW Oregon
    Posts
    1,816
    If you get extra heat you can fan some up here. It is still to cold to put my tomatoes in the garden. Great weather for staying inside and quilting though! (I lived at Tahoe and in the bay area)

  8. #8
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,230
    Hello and welcome from Ontario.

  9. #9
    Super Member no1jan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,094
    Hello and welcome from upstate New York!

    This site has so much information that it is quite addicting.

  10. #10
    Senior Member jane65us's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ferndale, WA
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by judymart
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Waving at you from Oregon! Glad you found us. Where are you in N. Calif? I used to live in the golden state myself.
    I live in Marysville. North of Sacramento and south of Chico.

    It's finally warming up here! But not looking forward to the real heat to come this summer.
    Welcome, My DSIL lives in Yuba City, It's way to hot there for me...

  11. #11
    Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,704
    Welcome from New Hampshire! Looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilts! :-D

  12. #12
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!!

  13. #13
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,837
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome judy! a big wave from Michigan!

  14. #14
    judymart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by jane65us
    Quote Originally Posted by judymart
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Waving at you from Oregon! Glad you found us. Where are you in N. Calif? I used to live in the golden state myself.
    I live in Marysville. North of Sacramento and south of Chico.

    It's finally warming up here! But not looking forward to the real heat to come this summer.
    Welcome, My DSIL lives in Yuba City, It's way to hot there for me...
    OK what's DSIL?

  15. #15
    judymart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by no1jan
    Hello and welcome from upstate New York!

    This site has so much information that it is quite addicting.
    I was born in Auburn, New York and moved to CA when I was 4. Still have relatives up there. Too cold for me!

  16. #16
    Power Poster ann clare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Navan. Co. Meath. Ireland
    Posts
    15,104
    Welcome from Ireland

  17. #17
    Senior Member jane65us's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ferndale, WA
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by judymart
    Quote Originally Posted by jane65us
    Quote Originally Posted by judymart
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 Doods
    Waving at you from Oregon! Glad you found us. Where are you in N. Calif? I used to live in the golden state myself.
    I live in Marysville. North of Sacramento and south of Chico.

    It's finally warming up here! But not looking forward to the real heat to come this summer.
    Welcome, My DSIL lives in Yuba City, It's way to hot there for me...
    OK what's DSIL?
    Dear sister in law

  18. #18
    Super Member dyer804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    1,787
    Welcome to a great group and welcome to CA!

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    Welcome from WA State

  20. #20
    Super Member Fiber Artist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorful Colorado
    Posts
    2,006
    Welcome from colo.

  21. #21
    Super Member 0tis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,671
    Welcome from another Northern California quilter. I am closer to the Oregon Border - this is a great site - I have learned lots.

  22. #22
    Super Member JudyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wickenburg AZ
    Posts
    2,853
    Blog Entries
    20
    Hi and welcome from Sequim WA. This is a fabulous site. Unfortunately, I don't get as much quilting done as I spend so much time here learning new things. Now I just need to practice what I've learned from everyone here.

  23. #23
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Welcome!

  24. #24
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,874
    Welcome from Illinois. I recently joined also and am so glad that I did.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    864
    Welcome from ^Texas,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.