Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to quilting >

New to quilting

New to quilting

Old 12-09-2006, 06:38 PM

Hello, I'm new to quilting. I have made 1 pillow and have to finish another 1. I live in Chester, NY I took a quilting course twice with a wonderful teacher at Encore which is at our community college. I made a trip around the world pillow which I have to finish and also a stained glass paper piecing pillow. It turned out ok. I am now working on a quilt with Peter Rabbit fabric for my new grandson. I went to a quilt show with a friend and I was amazed at the quilts that were displayed. My friend had been quilting many years ago but stopped and now she has taken it up again. :-)
Old 12-09-2006, 06:46 PM

Hi Nanny, Nice to meet you. I never could find anyone or place around where I live to take a quilting course. I am sure you probably learned some good info. I have not been quilting too long, but I taught myself like a lot of quilters on this board it seems. Keep it up. Maybe you could show us pictures of what you made. :-)
Old 12-10-2006, 01:40 AM

Hey Nanny

Welcome, You'll have a great time here, You'll learn alot, and find some really nice QUILTERS. Who are eager to help and willing to share. Take some time, get a cup of coffee or tea and set and read some of the posts. You will leave with a warm and fuzzy feeling, and you'll keep coming back for , more, and more, and more.