new to site

Old 09-16-2007, 05:22 AM

hi im in australia and just been told about this site, ive only made 2 quilts so far. my first was 3 years ago and still hand quilting it, my second was a crazy quilt made with the slice & splice method (i think thats what its called. im now working on a rag doll quilt? sewn with flannel fabrics with a christmas theme and quilt as you go method.

im really interested in the chenille method of patchwork, which i have only seen once and not in my state.

ive been a craft nut for many years starting with cross stitch, folk art, general dressmaking, then paper tolle, mosiacs, and patchwork/quilting, i cant just stick to one thing i have many things in progess at any one time.
is this normal?

love to hear from anyone in another country i also love the log cabin method and love to see any quilts made by anyone in this design or any other you would like to send me.

cheers
madaboutquilting
Old 09-16-2007, 06:33 AM

Good morning (well it is over here) What time is it there? Welcome to the site. I just joined yesterday. I also spent years with cross stitch, I just loved it, but once I started quilting I have never looked back. I had done a Log Cabin Quilt years ago that was a quilt as you go method, it was an easy pattern to follow. That quilt is so old and faded now I wouldn't put it on the post but I can check to see if I still have the pattern for you if you want? Hope you enjoy this site!
Old 09-16-2007, 07:21 AM

Hello and welcome to our wonderful family. Do a search on this site. You will find the search button on the top of this page. Click it and type in log cabin. It will take you to several pics of this quilt. Also go to the home page and click on pictures. It will show you lots of pictures of all kinds of quilts that we have made. Just spend some time lurking on here and I think that you will be just as hooked on this site as the rest of us. If you have any questions just ask and I promise you will receive answers. Feel free to post pics of your own work. We all love pics. 8) 8)
I also have been a craft nut all of my life. But now that I have started quilting (which was just this year) all of my other crafts have taken a back seat and I only work and dream of quilts.

Barb
Old 09-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome :D Sounds like you are also getting hooked LOL Grab a cup of coffee and do a search here on log cabins and you will see many lovely quilts :D

Here is a link to making chenille quilts, you can use cotton material for this, too.

http://craftandfabriclinks.com/chenille/chenille_blanket.html
Old 09-16-2007, 02:57 PM

thanks its great to get a repy, your email came to me at 10.30pm on 16th sept well that was my time, im pretty sure we are a day ahead.
thanks for the ideas and links.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:00 PM

what country are you from?
Old 09-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Power Poster

Washington state USA Glad to help, that is what everybody is all about here :D I do not know about the time differences, I get confused trying to figure it out from one end of the USA to the other LOL It is Sunday the 16th here and is 6:37 PM It is great to meet quilters from other countries, share quilting styles and pictures :D I believe they are starting a new chat time on Wednesdays and Saturdays and ongoing ones Mon Wed Fri and Sun, check us out and join in, would love to hear from you!
Old 09-16-2007, 09:10 PM

Gidday and welcome from another down under girl :P , I'm from N.Z. but close enough. Have a look thru the pic section, allsorts of quilts there. This is a fun place to be so don't be shy, post your pics or comment on a thread, check out the Block of the Month (BOM) that is running on here, is alot of fun. Hope to see more of you
Cheers ShellyQ
Old 09-17-2007, 02:15 AM

dear shelley, thanks for your reply, ive been to new zealand many years ago and loved it, hoping to go again in the next few years. particularly want to visit Queenstown, to try to learn to ski. would you believe it is cheaper for me to fly to queenstown, than to melbourne ski fields, how silly is that.

ill check out the sites that you suggest.

thanks