Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Newbie from Colorado >

Newbie from Colorado

Newbie from Colorado

Old 01-09-2010, 01:03 PM

When I was in college, I was the night desk clerk at the Super 8 right there on the edge of town. I used to watch the kids skate around on the "pond". The fire department used to flood the grass area in the winter to make a place for the kids to skate. Nothing fancy. I was over there a few years ago and they had a nice hockey rink. Progress is nice, but it sure makes one nostaglic for the good 'ol days of flooded fields to make the kids happy.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:15 PM

I have to agree about "the good old days" and skating outdoors. I grew up with outdoor skating and warming houses - nowadays most rinks are inside and kids don't even get cold. There is a pond in Jorgenson park that, in the summer, the kids under 15 can fish in. It was redisigned last summer and seems smaller now. My grandaughter caught a very nice Canadian Brown Trout in the pond a couple years ago.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 AM

Living in the Gulf South (South Louisiana) I can't even invision the beautiful sights of all that snow and ice, but with the few days of cold we've had here, it makes me thankful to be way down here. My niece lives in Aurora and sends pictures of the kids out in the snow. BRRRR. Welcome, all you quilters from Colorado. You'll love this place.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:27 AM

Have visited the Gulf Coast only once and loved it! We had some business in Houma and found the people there to be extremely friendly. I think they might have thought we were Aliens though <VBG> We also happened upon the Christmas lights in Natchadoches (sp??)What a beautiful sight!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:55 AM

Welcome, so glad you joined us. This is a great place.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by greeley-gal
Have visited the Gulf Coast only once and loved it! We had some business in Houma and found the people there to be extremely friendly. I think they might have thought we were Aliens though <VBG> We also happened upon the Christmas lights in Natchadoches (sp??)What a beautiful sight!!!
Or -- you may have thought WE were aliens. As close as we are, I've never seen the lights in Nachitoches.
Did you eat anything that you really liked while you were here? We love our Cajun food.