Old 01-21-2021, 02:47 PM

Welcome to the QB and yes you re in the right place. You have to join before you could reply to any post which it looks like you just did. There should be some options at the bottom of each message that allow you to reply. It takes a bit of learning the many ins and outs of the software here but once you get it is is quite easy Again welcome to the QB and I look forward to seeing a lot of you here.
Old 01-23-2021, 05:35 AM

Welcome from California!
You are going to love this wonderful group of quilters and learn so much.
Ask for help and they are here for you.
Go with small quilts and wall hangings or pillows to start but keep at it as you get better and better each project.
And post pictures...we LOVE pictures.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:06 PM

Welcome from Arizona. You will love this board and learn a bunch!
Old 02-03-2021, 09:26 AM

Good morning all. I want to thank everyone for the warm welcomes. Many of you have said stick with it but at this point I don't know if I'm going to or not. Since I've gotten back into quilting I've discovered I've lost a lot of common sense. I measured the width of some of my flying geese geese strips that I've now assembled and discovered that the finished quilt is going to be much wider than the full sized quilt that I intended. UNBELIEVABLE! It's going to be almost a full sized bed spread. I can't believe I made a mistake like that. So maybe it is time for me to pack it all in. : ( It's the second big blooper I've made this week. I got a three and a half pound round roast intending to make two meals with it for my husband and myself and it hit me in the middle of the night that I froze the whole roast without cutting it into two pieces before freezing. I've tried to figure out how I might cut it now that it's frozen and the only thing I can come up with is that maybe it's possible for my hubby to cut the frozen roast on his table saw. That worries me though because I don't know if cutting a piece of frozen meat might be dangerous especially since he's in his late eighties and hasn't used the saw for a few years? Oh well.
Back to my quilt. I know I can just eliminate a few of the strips to make it the width I want but it's very frustrating to throw away at least three strips and sashes because I flubbed up. I don't want any pillows, and have no one who would want them. Not that I want another project anyway. I would have to trash them because I don't want to see the reminders what I did. I'll be the first to admit I'm probably a great candidate for Prevagen, but I didn't dream I was so far gone I would mess up something as basic as the width of a quilt. I've decided to put it away and go to the library today and read for a week or so before I make the decision to "throw in the towel." I've been looking at the photos of several of my quilt tops that I made in the late seventies and can't believe I could have problems with this one after making some of them. I am serious about wondering about my abilities anymore because my hubby has lost a lot of his cognitive skills and I'm always on the lookout for the same thing in myself. If I knew how I would send some of the photos to verify that I used to be competent. Enough said. : ) Thanks again everyone. Excuse any typos please.

Old 02-03-2021, 11:02 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome from all of you. I wanted to post (for the second time.) I guess I didn't hit post on the last one, but the way things are going it doesn't surprise me. I decided to place part of the flying geese strips on my bed yesterday and discovered that it was going to be a lot wider than I intended. My bed is a full sized and I just wanted it to reach the top of the bed skirt. I found that if I use all eight strips and sashes it will be only a few inches from the floor. UNBELIEVABLE. I can't believe I made such a blooper. I know I could make pillows from the extra strips but I don't want or use pillows and don't know anyone who would want them. Our DIL has a very contemporary décor wouldn't want them. I've been questioning if I should even continue. I think I'm a candidate for one of those memory medications. I pulled up photos the quilt tops I made in the late seventies with a garden maize and another set-in corners Lemoyne star. I think they were more complicated than this flying geese so that must be the reason. I would post some pics to confirm I used to be competent but don't know how. This just goes along with another stupid thing I did yesterday. I got a three pound round roast to make two meals for my husband and myself and it hit me in the middle of the night that I froze the whole danged thing without cutting it into two pieces. I've racked what brain I have left trying to figure out how I might cut a frozen roast into two pieces and the only thing I can come up with is maybe my husband can cut it with his table saw. But I worry that might be dangerous for him to try. Oh well, I've decided to take some time off until I decide if I want to throw in the towel or not. So I'm heading to the library. Gonna bury my nose in a book for a week or so. Stay safe everyone and thanks again. Excuse the typos please.