Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from ireland, new to this forum (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-ireland-new-forum-t306023.html)

edelc 07-29-2019 01:42 PM

Greetings from ireland, new to this forum

Hello new friends-to-be.

I am excited to find this forum, I do a lot of craft work but am currently spending a lot of time quilting. I am irish, living in Ireland, but quilting and hand work in general is not huge here, so there are few of my friends who do this kind of thing, which is a shame. Quilting bees and working alongside friends is such a joy.

About me, I am 52(today!) with a lovely husband and a wonderful adult daughter. I sew, paint, make art, do some bookbinding, make jewellery, love to cook for friends.

I am a year out of breast cancer treatment and feeling well and looking forward to many happy years of living. I read a lot-(scifi, fantasy, non-fiction) have travelled extensively, Harry Potter fan, Dr. Who, star trek-Ok I am a bit of a nerd.

My first quilt was made when I was about 18, I tend to think I have reasonable skills, then I look at some of the amazing stuff online-wow! Recently learned how to do foundation paper piecing, which was fun, of course I jumped completely in at the deep end, but it went well. It was made for an online craftswap and the recipient liked it. I love craft swapping and can't wait to make some new friends here.

suern3 07-29-2019 01:52 PM

Welcome from Nebraska! Nice to hear about your interests. I think you will enjoy this board. Wanted to add Happy Birthday!

osewme 07-29-2019 02:10 PM

Howdy & welcome from Texas. Happy Birthday to you & congratulations on the completion of your breast cancer treatment. Praying for a long, healthy life for you from here on out. It's good to have you as a new member on this quilting board. I would love to see some of the things you have made (quilting & non quilting).

leaha 07-29-2019 02:11 PM

a warm welcome from western KY. Happy birthday and so glad you are out of treatment and all is well, hope it stays that way, welcome!

edelc 07-29-2019 02:16 PM

Thank you guys, it's lovely to have such a warm welcome :)

QuiltnNan 07-29-2019 03:14 PM

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting :)

Thumbelina 07-29-2019 03:28 PM

Happy Birthday and welcome to the board from NE Ohio, USA.

juliasb 07-29-2019 04:26 PM

Welcome to the board from Waterford Michigan USA! There a re many craft and very skilled quilters here. the resources are plentiful. Jump right in and you will find very quickly a whole new world of quilters here.

Tartan 07-29-2019 05:26 PM

:wave:Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Bobbinalong 07-29-2019 11:02 PM

Hello edelc, from someone in your time zone. I love the interesting and useful conversations on here but find that I can use a lot of my early morning catching up! Nothing to rush out for these days though, so why not?

A belated Happy Birthday and good wishes for your continued good health.