Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Greetings from ireland, new to this forum

Greetings from ireland, new to this forum

Hello new friends-to-be.

I am excited to find this forum, I do a lot of craft work but am currently spending a lot of time quilting. I am irish, living in Ireland, but quilting and hand work in general is not huge here, so there are few of my friends who do this kind of thing, which is a shame. Quilting bees and working alongside friends is such a joy.

About me, I am 52(today!) with a lovely husband and a wonderful adult daughter. I sew, paint, make art, do some bookbinding, make jewellery, love to cook for friends.

I am a year out of breast cancer treatment and feeling well and looking forward to many happy years of living. I read a lot-(scifi, fantasy, non-fiction) have travelled extensively, Harry Potter fan, Dr. Who, star trek-Ok I am a bit of a nerd.

My first quilt was made when I was about 18, I tend to think I have reasonable skills, then I look at some of the amazing stuff online-wow! Recently learned how to do foundation paper piecing, which was fun, of course I jumped completely in at the deep end, but it went well. It was made for an online craftswap and the recipient liked it. I love craft swapping and can't wait to make some new friends here.
    Life is sweet, friends make it sweeter.

Welcome from Nebraska! Nice to hear about your interests. I think you will enjoy this board. Wanted to add Happy Birthday!

Howdy & welcome from Texas. Happy Birthday to you & congratulations on the completion of your breast cancer treatment. Praying for a long, healthy life for you from here on out. It's good to have you as a new member on this quilting board. I would love to see some of the things you have made (quilting & non quilting).

Blog Entries
    a warm welcome from western KY. Happy birthday and so glad you are out of treatment and all is well, hope it stays that way, welcome!
    dare to dream

Thank you guys, it's lovely to have such a warm welcome

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday and welcome to the board from NE Ohio, USA.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from Waterford Michigan USA! There a re many craft and very skilled quilters here. the resources are plentiful. Jump right in and you will find very quickly a whole new world of quilters here.

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Hello edelc, from someone in your time zone. I love the interesting and useful conversations on here but find that I can use a lot of my early morning catching up! Nothing to rush out for these days though, so why not?

A belated Happy Birthday and good wishes for your continued good health.
    Singer Featherweight 221, Janome MC 4800, Janome Horizon 8900QCP Special Edition

Power Poster
    Happy Birthday and Welcome from Michigan!

Happy Birthday and continued good health! I'm so glad you joined us.
    Visiting your beautiful country is on my bucket list

Hello from Washington State!

I started quilting at 17 but I'm 7 years older than you -- I'll be 59 in September. Quilting and Music are constants in my life. But I'm also quite geeky and proud to admit it, played D&D before it was AD&D I met my husband online in 2001 playing the game Everquest, this year I think it is 15 years of happily married bliss. Have one sone from a previous relationship as they say, he/we are expecting my first and probably only grandchild right around my birthday!

I was a solo quilter for years but it is better with people, and this is a wonderful group of people for help, encouragement and the sharing of ideas. Glad you've found us and become one of us -- Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Vermont, near Canadian Border. Enjoy the group.

Hello and welcome from North Carolina, USA. Happy Birthday!! You've come to a wonderful place to make lots of quilting friends here.

Hello edeic, and welcome. What part of Ireland are you in? I am from Wexford, but now live in Herefordshire UK. I think there are some quilting groups in Ireland? But this may have changed of course.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from one breast cancer survivor to another!...and welcome to the quilting board. You will love the board, and if you like swapping, this is the place! Right now I'm trying to decide on what I'm going to make for our next wall hanging swap...thank goodness I have plenty of time! Check out what has been swapped in the past...you'll like it, I'm sure.
    Life happens...and we react...

Power Poster
    Welcome! Happy birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by charley26 View Post
    Hello edeic, and welcome. What part of Ireland are you in? I am from Wexford, but now live in Herefordshire UK. I think there are some quilting groups in Ireland? But this may have changed of course.
    Hi there, unfortunately no quilt groups near me, I'm in Clare. But I've just found out there is one in Limerick, so I'm going to give that a go.

Welcome from Mississippi... It's nice to have a new Irish friend. Please post pics of your quilts, when you get a chance!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by edelc View Post
    Hi there, unfortunately no quilt groups near me, I'm in Clare. But I've just found out there is one in Limerick, so I'm going to give that a go.
    Yes, Clare is a lovely part of the country. My brother and his family live in Clare! I am glad that you have found a place where there is some quilting going on.

Blog Entries
    Howdy! from Texas. I am sure you will have fun here. maybe learn something, maybe teach something. I have a good 30+ year email friend in England from my quilt block swaps around the world I used to do, before postal rates went up too high. Enjoy every day here and ask questions when necessary. Lots of great help here.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman