Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ireland

Hi, as the title says, I live in Ireland.

I've been quilting since 1997, and love to try all crafts. I like to paint sometimes too. My children age from 28 to 14, the youngest is my only boy and has changed into a grunting, grumpy, food devourer! Anyone else experience this?

I'm dreadfully messy and disorganised, but when my husband complains about the mess in my studio, I just tell him "you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs." :thumbup:

Hope to spend some quality time browsing this forum, and maybe make a few friends.
    Peace in quilting,
    Lizzyquilting xx

[ "you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs." ]

I like that! Welcome from NY

Helo, and welcome from Missouri, in the middle of the US.

Hi Red:
    When I read your bio, I thought I was reading about myself!
    'Only difference, I've been married 43 years. Glad you're on the board, it's fun. Most times, I just read, but occasionally something hits me and I chime in. You will too!

Welcome to the board from Southern California.
    Those boys, they eventually grow out of it, my son's now 21 and much nicer than he was at 14 and I hope and pray he will continue to "grow up" in the next couple years.

Blog Entries
    hi from Michigan! Welcome to the group! you will love it here!

Hello from Denver, CO. and welcome. I have 3 sons and 1 daughter and the boys didn't just eat at that age...they grazed. (grin)

HI from Washington State. Wow, Ireland, I hear its beautifal there. Glad your here. Love your Rooster. Can;t wait to see pictures of your projects. :thumbup:

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from Illinois, USA. I agree that boys get better with age. From about 12 -16 they seem to be allergic to showering and eat all of the food in the house while complaining there is nothing to eat. Eventually, they start to shower again and eve talk in complete sentences instead of grunts!

Welcome from NY.

My boys showered constantly from 14-18 - they would go in and just not come out. (Actually the last one is almost 17 and still does). They are not much fun until about 20 and then they gradually become human. My 24 year old is just getting there.

My daughters in between at 18 and 20 are so much easier to take.

Welcome from CA and my youngest is now 18. There are YEARS where you are the dumbest person they know. Ask them! I think payback does not come around until they have children of their own. In fact my own mother cursed all of us girls with this. You wait! You will have children of your own! and she would stomp out of the room. Ah.. we all had 3 or 4. She got us good!!! We will enjoy your posts. It seems we have members from all over the place! This is wonderful!!!

Hi and Welcome from Oklahoma. My family came from "Trim"

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!

Welcome from Virginia, USA. My son is 26 and still eats all the time, though he did learn to speak in sentences again around the age of 20.
    He regressed a bit when my grandson was born but his wife fixed that quickly with grunts of her own.

Welcome from Ohio.

This is a great place to visit. So much knowledge and inspiration. You can learn anything on here and get almost any question relating to quilting answered. And the picture section is amazing.

I have a friend who was in Irland last May, she loved it. The pics were beautiful, everything so green.

take care,
    Denise

Hi, welcome, i am new on the site as well. Which part of Ireland are you from - i live in Cornwall, U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by poldiceann
    Hi, welcome, i am new on the site as well. Which part of Ireland are you from - i live in Cornwall, U.K.
    welcome to you too poldiceann

Hello from Missouri! I have two boys 29 and18, they both still eating and very grouchy. Now my daughter is another story. But life is to be live and not worry about some toes that is stepped on. I always wanted to visit Ireland. I have Irish grandparent on my mother side.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyquilting
    Hi, as the title says, I live in Ireland.

Lizzyquilting xx
    welcome from new jersey. where in ireland are you hiding? anywhere near dublin?

Welcome from CA!! My DD is 11...so I'm just entering into the "fun" years. G-d help me.

You must meet Lacelady, our other local resident from Ireland. She's English, otherwise I'd say she's Irish too! Ha ha. I'll tell her to say hello to you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esqmommy
    Welcome from CA!! My DD is 11...so I'm just entering into the "fun" years. G-d help me.

You must meet Lacelady, our other local resident from Ireland. She's English, otherwise I'd say she's Irish too! Ha ha. I'll tell her to say hello to you!
    Hi, Lizzie, Esq., just told me that you had joined, I thought it would only be a matter of time before someone else from Ireland found this friendly board. As she said, I am a blow in from the UK, but settled in Co. Sligo in 2000, so it feels like home now. Whereabouts are you? If you would rather not say here in public, you can send me a PM (private message).

Welcome from West Virginia. We look a little like Ireland. Hills and valleys. Very green 3 seasons of the year. I just joined this site and I love to look everyday and see whats going on. I hope you enjoy it too.

Hi Lizzie!

How I would love to see your country! I live 60 miles west of Las Vegas, desert, desert and more desert! I have been a seamstress for many, many years and took up quilting about 2 years ago and I am completely hooked. Can't look at any fabric without visualizing a quilt! Hope to hear more from you.

Barb Arlin
    Pahrump, NV

Hello from the Quilting Board. I will be taking a tour of Ireland in April and several of us are looking for quilt shops to visit while we are there. We will be in Dublin, Kilkenny, Killarney and Limerick. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Red
    Hello from the Quilting Board. I will be taking a tour of Ireland in April and several of us are looking for quilt shops to visit while we are there. We will be in Dublin, Kilkenny, Killarney and Limerick. Do you have any suggestions for us?
    Hi, Ruby, You could try Fabric Matters, Rathfarnam, County Dublin www.fabricmatters.ie +353 1 4946320 (If you want to ring after you arrive, then it would be: 01 4946320)
    Thread of Green Fabrics, Purcellsinch Business Park, Dublin Road, Co. Kilkenny +353 56 7762514
    LImerick Quilt Centre, Winander House, Park Road, Co. Limerick
    +353 61 419790
    This last one is (I think) the largest in Ireland, with about 4000 bolts, but it is attached to the owner's house, and I have a feeling that you might have to phone first, as she teaches classes too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast