Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from Madison High School, Ohio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-madison-high-school-ohio-t154102.html)

teacherbailey 09-20-2011 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by zupp226
Hi! My name is Dana Clark and I am a Family and Consumer Science teacher at Madison High School, Madison, Ohio. I am very interested in quilting for myself but also teaching quilting. I am the only FCS teacher left at MHS due to budget cuts and I really want to show how quilting and geometry are inter-related. Looking for pictures of quilts for display.

This summer I complete a 10 minute block quilt...easy, fun, and very cute. ;-)

Glad to have another teacher on here! Scale is fun to teach with quilt blocks....I made three quilts once: One with 10" blocks, the same pattern with 20" blocks and then again with 5" blocks. It was strip pieced so the math was easy----my kids loved seeing them!

LindaWheattall 09-20-2011 02:07 PM

Welcome, from a great grandma in Jefferson, Ohio.

ann clare 09-20-2011 02:07 PM

Welcome from Ireland

overdew 09-20-2011 03:12 PM

Hi! My name is Dana Clark and I am a Family and Consumer Science teacher at Madison High School, Madison, Ohio. I am very interested in quilting for myself but also teaching quilting. I am the only FCS teacher left at MHS due to budget cuts and I really want to show how quilting and geometry are inter-related. Looking for pictures of quilts for display.

Whether Home Ec., Consumer science, Homemaking, or FCS, what you teach is very important and useful in life. Hang on, because your students need you!

Krafty Nancy 09-20-2011 04:05 PM

Greetings from another Buckeye! I live in Muskingum Co.
Welcome.

Victoria L 09-20-2011 05:41 PM

Hello and welcome from Pennsylvania :)

debbieumphress 09-20-2011 06:04 PM

Welcome from Central TExas. you'll love the qb and everything it has to offer. Looks like you are off to a good start. Great that you are a teacher too, thank you

ButtermilkMama 09-20-2011 06:43 PM

WELCOME from SC WISCONSIN!!!!!

quiltinggrandmabeth 09-20-2011 08:49 PM

I taught at Spencer School in Geneva for 30 years and am enjoying quilting. I'm sure you will find many ideas on this board. If you would like to connect about quilting please PM me.

PS Stitcher 09-21-2011 04:39 AM

Hello from Western PA! Are you located near Geneva On The Lake? We go there all the time to do the winery tours!! LOVE it there! And is the Red Apple Stitchery still there?