Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from Oregon (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-oregon-t58328.html)

Momsmurf 08-10-2010 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Theresa

Originally Posted by Momsmurf

Originally Posted by amma
Hello and Welcome to the board :D:D:D
So glad that you joined us!

I was born and raised in Vancouver, still spend a lot of time there and in the Portland area. You will love all that there is to do there. Have you been to Fabric Depot yet? :D:D:D

Fabric Depot - destination once a week generally!!!!!!!!

I go there so often that it was once suggested that I be given a name tag! : = ) Being so large, 1 12 acres under roof, I walk around and call it my exercise day.

On a serious note, I have formed genuine friendships with the ladies there. It is a wonderful store and the family who owns it run it with customers in mind - in my opinion.
For those who order by mail, check out their web site. You won't be sorry.

Love Fabric Depot! Can't beat 1.5 acres of fabric, etc!!! The website is very user-friendly.

Is that a Yo-yo quilt in your Avitar? Did you make that beauty?

Theresa 08-10-2010 07:57 PM

I was born and raised in Vancouver, still spend a lot of time there and in the Portland area. You will love all that there is to do there. Have you been to Fabric Depot yet? :D:D:D

I go there so often that it was once suggested that I be given a name tag! : = ) Being so large, 1 12 acres under roof, I walk around and call it my exercise day.

On a serious note, I have formed genuine friendships with the ladies there. It is a wonderful store and the family who owns it run it with customers in mind - in my opinion.

Love Fabric Depot! Can't beat 1.5 acres of fabric, etc!!! The website is very user-friendly.

Yes it is! Actually, it is a wall hanging. Thanks for your kind compliment!

Momsmurf 08-10-2010 08:09 PM

Did you hand stitch them together or machine stitch it to a foundation?
While riding in the car for an extended trip, I make yo-yo's if I don't have a quilt to hand stitch the binding on, and have yet to figure out what I'm going to do with them. Reminds me of my pre-teen years.

grannylou 08-10-2010 08:10 PM

Welcome. I am sure you will learn a lot here and love it. I do. My sone and family live in Salem.

Momsmurf 08-10-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by grannylou
Welcome. I am sure you will learn a lot here and love it. I do. My sone and family live in Salem.

Thank you....I have a son and his family in Puyallup and another in Colorado.

Theresa 08-11-2010 05:20 AM

Did you hand stitch them together or machine stitch it to a foundation?
While riding in the car for an extended trip, I make yo-yo's if I don't have a quilt to hand stitch the binding on, and have yet to figure out what I'm going to do with them. Reminds me of my pre-teen years.

They are hand-stitched together without a foundation. The color of the wall (periwinkle) is showing through the open sections, but it doesn't show up well in the pic.

Lori B. 08-12-2010 08:46 AM

Welcome from Michigan.