Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Greetings from So. Central Texas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/greetings-so-central-texas-t67450.html)

karenm36 09-29-2010 02:37 PM

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I don't know that I've experienced such a range of emotions making this quilt! My machine's tension was giving me fits besides just the fact that I was doing everything for the first time! Never held a rotary cutter in my hand until I made this! I'm looking forward already to my next quilt...but HAVE to clean my house first! Seems everything came to a screeching halt once I started this project 3 weeks ago! My new goal to learn with the next quilt: Balance! How to quilt and keep my home relatively clean at the same time. Ha!

bj 09-29-2010 02:56 PM

Your quilt is awesome! And not just because I'm a Tech fan! I made my dh one last year and have that same fabric to make one for my son, as soon as I'm not splitting my time between Lubbock and Austin. I'll be able to sew when I'm back home in Lubbock next month. I'm so excited. The next quilt I make will be the Tech quilt for my son. Did your fil get it yet? Did he love it!?!

karenm36 09-29-2010 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by bj
Your quilt is awesome! And not just because I'm a Tech fan! I made my dh one last year and have that same fabric to make one for my son, as soon as I'm not splitting my time between Lubbock and Austin. I'll be able to sew when I'm back home in Lubbock next month. I'm so excited. The next quilt I make will be the Tech quilt for my son. Did your fil get it yet? Did he love it!?!

I just sent it today. Hopefully it will arrive in Lubbock on Fri or Sat. at the latest. His dtr. will be flying in to see him on Sat. and wants to give it to him personally. Would love to be a fly on the wall when he gets it! ;-) PS. I'd love to see a pic of your Tech quilt when you get it done!!

Sadiemae 09-29-2010 03:06 PM

Nice job, and you did a very nice thing for him.

donnajean 09-29-2010 03:35 PM

Welcome from southeast PA!

KathyAire 09-29-2010 03:54 PM

Hello and welcome from Fort Worth. Nice quilt.

Jan in VA 09-29-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
.......My new goal to learn with the next quilt: Balance! How to quilt and keep my home relatively clean at the same time. Ha!

You're doing great work so far, but, Honey, don't you know you are reaching too far too fast with this goal?? Seasoned, long-time quilters have yet to master this technique. It is something to be dreamed of, not worked hard for.

Do give yourself a break and give it up. (So the rest of us won't have to feel compelled to live up to such standards when it is MUCH more relevant to life to just quilt!!)
Jan in VA :-D

MamaBear61 09-29-2010 05:21 PM

Hello and welcome from Ontario.

sewmuchmore 09-29-2010 05:24 PM

Hello, & welcome aboard this is the place to be. :lol: :lol: Wonderful quilt :thumbup:

earlylace 09-29-2010 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
very nice quilt, welcome and hello!