Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from Duluth, GA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-duluth-ga-t305101.html)

JuneB. 06-07-2019 09:52 AM

Hello from Duluth, GA

Hello fellow quilters,

I think I'm an avid quilter. I make between 3 and 5 quilts a month. Some gifts, some I keep.

I know I'm a fabric hoarder, along with quilting books, patterns and tools. Up until last year I was a hand quilter, making 4 or 5 quilts a year. Then I got a Bernina Q20 sit down and I'm off to town quilting. I love rulers and free motion and learning.

My quilt won a "best" ribbon this week in GAs largest quilt show. Now I've got the bug to try again. So I'm hoping to learn a lot about juried and judged quilt shows and ways to get better in every aspect of quilting.

Enough about me. Tell me about you!

Tartan 06-07-2019 10:10 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. It sounds like you have much to teach us!:thumbup:

osewme 06-07-2019 10:13 AM

Howdy from Texas. I would say you are an avid quilter also. I love to quilt but come from a very, very small family so I don't make many quilts. Everyone has more than they need. :) I made more before I retired as someone at work was always having a baby/grand baby/wedding, etc. which gave me the opportunity to make a quilt. Now I mostly do charity sewing/quilting/piecing. Congratulations on the big win at the quilt show. We would love to see a picture of the quilt & other things you have made.

Iceblossom 06-07-2019 10:59 AM

Hello June! I'm across the country from you in Washington State. When I was a little girl (1960s) my dad was in the army so I was at Ft Benning, which I think isn't that far but with Atlanta between it and Duluth.

We love pictures here! Of finished projects, stashes, whatever :) Please share when you can. It took me about 6 months of posting before I got the hang of it between my old school camera and various software issues and such.

Getting close to 10 years ago I was finally diagnosed with what exactly my vision issues are and I had to come to grips with the fact that, no... I was never going to be able to use up all this fabric I had collected. In the race of "she with the most stash wins", I had already placed. I love my fabric, I love buying it, I love using it, and I'm learning to love giving away what I don't want in order to be able to concentrate on what I do want. I also believe strongly that there is nothing wrong with collecting fabric, but I've decided personally to have less of it. I found a nice group of people under the Challenges section of the board called the Fabric Moratorium thread. We don't always resist the temptation but we struggle together!

QuiltnNan 06-07-2019 11:21 AM

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting :)

JuneB. 06-07-2019 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 8262719)
Howdy from Texas. I would say you are an avid quilter also. I love to quilt but come from a very, very small family so I don't make many quilts. Everyone has more than they need. :) I made more before I retired as someone at work was always having a baby/grand baby/wedding, etc. which gave me the opportunity to make a quilt. Now I mostly do charity sewing/quilting/piecing. Congratulations on the big win at the quilt show. We would love to see a picture of the quilt & other things you have made.

I tried to load a picture but it wouldn't accept it. I'll try again.

osewme 06-07-2019 12:23 PM

Your picture may have been too large. Try reducing it.

JuneB. 06-07-2019 12:29 PM

Prize for Best Hand Guided Quilting on a Long Arm

1 Attachment(s)
Won for Best Hand Guided Quilting on a Long Arm

Iceblossom 06-07-2019 12:37 PM

Well deserved ribbon for glorious work!

And love those cabins hiding in the log cabins!!

Tiggersmom 06-07-2019 01:22 PM

JuneB..............absolutely gorgeous!!!! Welcome from Arizona. I love your state but haven't had the privilege to visit, yet.