Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello from Duluth, GA

Hello from Duluth, GA

Hello fellow quilters,

I think I'm an avid quilter. I make between 3 and 5 quilts a month. Some gifts, some I keep.

I know I'm a fabric hoarder, along with quilting books, patterns and tools. Up until last year I was a hand quilter, making 4 or 5 quilts a year. Then I got a Bernina Q20 sit down and I'm off to town quilting. I love rulers and free motion and learning.

My quilt won a "best" ribbon this week in GAs largest quilt show. Now I've got the bug to try again. So I'm hoping to learn a lot about juried and judged quilt shows and ways to get better in every aspect of quilting.

Enough about me. Tell me about you!

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. It sounds like you have much to teach us!

Howdy from Texas. I would say you are an avid quilter also. I love to quilt but come from a very, very small family so I don't make many quilts. Everyone has more than they need. I made more before I retired as someone at work was always having a baby/grand baby/wedding, etc. which gave me the opportunity to make a quilt. Now I mostly do charity sewing/quilting/piecing. Congratulations on the big win at the quilt show. We would love to see a picture of the quilt & other things you have made.

Hello June! I'm across the country from you in Washington State. When I was a little girl (1960s) my dad was in the army so I was at Ft Benning, which I think isn't that far but with Atlanta between it and Duluth.

We love pictures here! Of finished projects, stashes, whatever Please share when you can. It took me about 6 months of posting before I got the hang of it between my old school camera and various software issues and such.

Getting close to 10 years ago I was finally diagnosed with what exactly my vision issues are and I had to come to grips with the fact that, no... I was never going to be able to use up all this fabric I had collected. In the race of "she with the most stash wins", I had already placed. I love my fabric, I love buying it, I love using it, and I'm learning to love giving away what I don't want in order to be able to concentrate on what I do want. I also believe strongly that there is nothing wrong with collecting fabric, but I've decided personally to have less of it. I found a nice group of people under the Challenges section of the board called the Fabric Moratorium thread. We don't always resist the temptation but we struggle together!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    Howdy from Texas. I would say you are an avid quilter also. I love to quilt but come from a very, very small family so I don't make many quilts. Everyone has more than they need. I made more before I retired as someone at work was always having a baby/grand baby/wedding, etc. which gave me the opportunity to make a quilt. Now I mostly do charity sewing/quilting/piecing. Congratulations on the big win at the quilt show. We would love to see a picture of the quilt & other things you have made.

I tried to load a picture but it wouldn't accept it. I'll try again.

Your picture may have been too large. Try reducing it.

Prize for Best Hand Guided Quilting on a Long Arm

Won for Best Hand Guided Quilting on a Long Arm
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well deserved ribbon for glorious work!

And love those cabins hiding in the log cabins!!

JuneB..............absolutely gorgeous!!!! Welcome from Arizona. I love your state but haven't had the privilege to visit, yet.
    Jennifer: Organized in my dreams.
    🌷RIP dear Tigger....you are missed!
    Buddybear's Mom ...Yorkie Fur Baby

Well, no wonder your quilt won a "best" ribbon in the show! That quilt is jaw-dropping beautiful! Love, love, love the cabins in the log cabins. I want to see more!!

Welcome from Newnan Ga.

Hi and welcome from North Carolina! Your quilt is breathtaking beautiful and deserves all the best in shows it enters!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneB. View Post
    Won for Best Hand Guided Quilting on a Long Arm
    wow, that is awesome
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Hi June - welcome from Mableton! I went to the show and admired your beautiful quilt.
    Alyce

Welcome June and thank you for sharing your well-deserved award winning quilt - it is fabulous!
    Christine
    In my dream world.... fabric is free and quilting makes you thin!

Welcome from Michigan!

Awesome quilting. Congratulations on your win. Just curious, what show was it in Georgia? I've been to the one in Marietta and would love to go to another one in GA.

Blog Entries
    Hi JuneB and welcome from NE Ohio sounds like you're having fun too. Congrats on the ribbon, hope you will share pictures with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
    Hi June - welcome from Mableton! I went to the show and admired your beautiful quilt.

Thanks! I hope you voted for it too lol. I entered the show on a lark, didn't make the quilt for competition. But decided what the heck. It's my first entry to any show and was happy just to get accepted into the show. I nearly passed out when I saw my name on the winners list. I couldn't sleep all night. Now I have the bug. Ready to hear the judges comments so I can make the next one better.

Quote Originally Posted by toverly View Post
    Awesome quilting. Congratulations on your win. Just curious, what show was it in Georgia? I've been to the one in Marietta and would love to go to another one in GA.
    Yes, this is the show at the Cobb Civic Center by the East Cobb Quilter's Guild. Largest show in GA. Almost 3000 applicants and about 300 accepted quilts.

Welcome from FL! Your quilt is gorgeous. Congrats on the win!

Quote Originally Posted by JuneB. View Post
    Thanks! I hope you voted for it too lol. I entered the show on a lark, didn't make the quilt for competition. But decided what the heck. It's my first entry to any show and was happy just to get accepted into the show. I nearly passed out when I saw my name on the winners list. I couldn't sleep all night. Now I have the bug. Ready to hear the judges comments so I can make the next one better.
    Sorry, didn't vote for any of them! Several of my friends had quilts entered. One also won a ribbon. I don't see how much better you could have made your quilt! In real life it is spectacular.
    Alyce