Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello.....everyone..I'm Thai quilter.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-everyone-im-thai-quilter-t62082.html)

mrspete 08-31-2010 09:03 PM

Hi Kate

heather1949 08-31-2010 10:08 PM

Welcome and happy quilting!from Australia.

Ada Shiela 08-31-2010 10:41 PM

Hello Kate, welcome to the Board from Western Australia - we have Thai friends, and your English is excellent, so don't be shy just go with the flow here and you'll pick up the quilting language very quickly. Have fun.

Bluelady 08-31-2010 11:24 PM

Welcome from Washington state!

GrandmaCheryl 09-01-2010 08:01 AM

Sa-wad-dee-ka Kate,
You make me so lonesome for Thailand with this traditional greeting. Such a wonderful way to meet people. Thank you.

Tink's Mom 09-01-2010 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by lotus63000

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
Welcome from Chicago! Your English is very good, don't worry about small mistakes, we won't mind...
I have friends that are returning from Thailand on Thursday. The Mom and her girls spent the summer at her parents farm in a small town. Can't wait to see them! The girls must have grown so much in those couple months.

Thank you for your warm welcome...... they're Thai, aren't they....and nice to met you here....

Yes, Mom is Thai and the girls are 1/2 Thai. Absolutely beautiful little girls...they take after Mom...

lotus63000 09-01-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by lotus63000

Welcome from Chicago! Your English is very good, don't worry about small mistakes, we won't mind...
I have friends that are returning from Thailand on Thursday. The Mom and her girls spent the summer at her parents farm in a small town. Can't wait to see them! The girls must have grown so much in those couple months.

Thank you for your warm welcome...... they're Thai, aren't they....and nice to met you here....

Yes, Mom is Thai and the girls are 1/2 Thai. Absolutely beautiful little girls...they take after Mom...

I've not met Thai people near my resident cause I always stay at home...cooking...sewing...shopping for fabrics 3-4 times a month and go to Asian market down town 1-2 times a month...mostly I meet Vietnamese....Chinese at the market......when someone on the Board's mentioning about Thailand or Thai people with me...you know...all of you are fulfilling my heart...with happiness cause I miss my family...friends..and my country... Thank you again....

Although, I never know your friend and her daughter before but I would like to say "Sa-wad-dee-ka to them" please give them my greeting....thank you...

chatty cathy 09-01-2010 10:08 AM

Hi.. And Welcome, You'll meet nice people here & learn alot. I'm from PA. I also love to see the pictures.

jeannie t 09-01-2010 10:08 AM

welcome, from southern IL.

lotus63000 09-01-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by GrandmaCheryl
Sa-wad-dee-ka Kate,
You make me so lonesome for Thailand with this traditional greeting. Such a wonderful way to meet people. Thank you.

soooo sorry for making you feel that.....but you have me here.. :-D