Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hello from South Dakota (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hello-south-dakota-t304052.html)

SillySusan 04-08-2019 05:05 PM

Hi and welcome from North Carolina! Your quilt is beautiful! ... and so is your grandmother's! :)

Tothill 04-08-2019 06:30 PM

Beautiful quilts. I will be in your state next month as I drive from the West Coast to Missouri. Are there any quilt shops you would recommend? I believe I will be on highway 90 heading East, not sure which one I will take North to Saskatchewan.

quiltingcandy 04-08-2019 07:15 PM

Welcome from Southern California! Love your quilts.

Lori B. 04-09-2019 03:49 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

Thumbelina 04-09-2019 05:56 AM

Welcome from NE Ohio.

lolagrace 04-09-2019 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Tothill (Post 8237898)
Beautiful quilts. I will be in your state next month as I drive from the West Coast to Missouri. Are there any quilt shops you would recommend? I believe I will be on highway 90 heading East, not sure which one I will take North to Saskatchewan.

Interstate 90 will bring you by spearfish, SD; Sturgis, SD; Rapid City, SD. In Spearfish there is Dakota Quilt Company, 1004 N. Main St., in Sturgis there is Fabric Junction, 1609 Junction and in Rapid City there are 3 shops: Fabric City/Sewing Center, 120 Knollwood Dr., Betty's Quiltery, 405 Canal St., Suite 1400, and Quilt Connection, 522 St. Joseph St. The stores in Rapid City are the closest to me, my fav is Fabric City/Sewing Center, then Betty's Quiltery. The Quilt Connection is in downtown Rapid City, parking can be a nightmare so I choose to not go there much at all. Happy, safe travels.

lolagrace 04-09-2019 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by M.Elizabeth (Post 8237832)
Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC. We're getting rain - but no snow thank goodness.

Now we're under a winter storm warning and blizzard warning too, just have to love South Dakota in the spring!

lolagrace 04-09-2019 06:02 AM

Thank you all for the comments on my quilts. I also have a crazy quilt made by a great aunt and a nine patch scrappy quilt made by my grandmother. I am so honored to have these in my possession, I treasure them all.

Iceblossom 04-09-2019 07:56 AM

Lovely projects both! Welcome to the board. My brother was in South Dakota for a bit but glumly says it wasn't one of the nice parts...

My great-grandparents from my fathers side were in South Dakota before the Depression, I think that's when they moved to Tacoma (near Seattle).

It's so wonderful for those of you who come from quilting traditions. I didn't have quilters in my family or grow up with quilts but decided when I was still pretty young (high school) that I wanted to quilt. Made my first quilt in my senior year of high school and while many things have changed in my life over the past 40 years, quilting has connected them all. As I'm hoping to connect my quilts to the next generation.

Tothill 04-09-2019 09:57 AM

Thank you so very much for the list of shops.

I will add them to my list of possible places to stop along the way.