Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from East Texas! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-east-texas-t273711.html)

MamaJacqueline 12-25-2015 06:32 PM

Hi from East Texas!

I found your board while looking for a business to paint my newest Singer Featherweight. Running rabbits, you could say...but what a find! I have determined to start sewing again and quilting as a beginner. It is in my blood, I am 64 and remember going with my grandma to quilting bees for the day. Really good times, the other grandma's always let me stitch a little, what a confidence builder! Altho I am sure they took my stitches out later... :) My mother-in-law was a prolific quilter as well, but I was always too busy raising children. She is gone now, I miss her so.
I look forward to learning from real ladies in a not so real quilting bee!

Mariposa 12-25-2015 06:49 PM

Hello, and welcome from Washington! You'll find lots of info, and fun here! :)

Tartan 12-25-2015 08:13 PM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

QuiltnNan 12-26-2015 06:42 AM

Welcome from western NY and happy quilting :)

tessagin 12-26-2015 06:54 AM

WElcome from the gulf. Corpus Christi, Texas. I am self-taught. Online classes and You-Tube videos. Keep your eye out for quilt shows. Check with you local quilt shops and see if they have classes. Get on this board every day for a few minutes atleast. tutorials are posted all the time and you can check out the tutorial forums. Good Luck and Happy Quilting and Happy New Year!!

ManiacQuilter2 12-26-2015 07:08 AM

Welcome from cold Southern California. I hope that some of our members who hang out in the For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts can help you with painting your Singer. Hope you will find as much inspiration as I do on this site.

NiaJane 12-26-2015 07:31 AM

Hello and welcome from another East Texan! The nice people here at the board are always very encouraging and helpful. Be sure to check out the tutorial section and the vintage machine sections here. I have really enjoyed the block of the month and mystery train rides - great tools for learning. YouTube and Craftsy are also great resources.
Good luck!

M.Elizabeth 12-26-2015 01:23 PM

I did not go to quilting bees as such as a child, but my grandmother and aunts quilted on a wooden quilting frame that was suspended from the ceiling. I recall often sitting on the floor underneath the frame. You brought back memories. Welcome from the beautiful mountains of western NC.

Angel Bear 12-26-2015 06:26 PM

Welcome from OHIO! I remember the quilt frame always being up at my grandmother's home and there were often four or five other "grandmas" gathered around that frame stitching and laughing. My mom would often sit and stitch for a bit, but she never seemed to have time to stay long. She quilted many quilts once she became a grandmother and she didn't have kids at home. I'm glad you have joined us here. There are so many talented and knowledgeable quilters here to help you with any questions you many have. Welcome! :wave:

Abby'smom 12-27-2015 05:56 AM

:) welcome from se TX