Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Northern Wisconsin (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-northern-wisconsin-t15580.html)

hexagonquilter 01-24-2009 09:24 PM

Rita,
I have kids that went to school in Washburn. Graduated 2001 and 2004. I actually graduated from Ondossagon in '78. (Now closed of course.)
That will give you an age idea. Not sure if we would know each other or not. You could PM me to see.
I have gone to the Bayfield Quilt Co. Many times. Actually went on a quilt tour with a group from there, Ironwood, MI. and Solon Springs. Not sure if that is something other quilt stores do. We chose our favorite quilt store and met there in the morning. Then boarded a bus and traveled to the other stores. Were able to have drawings and prizes and food at each quilt store. It was a large tour bus for 15 of us. We enjoyed it greatly. Anyway the gift given by the BQC was paper piece patterns of the lighthouses and I have one somewhere here. Never used it as I don't care for the paper piecing method (should say I haven't tried it.)
Cathy

gcathie 01-24-2009 11:16 PM

Welcome from Ohio

Bevanger 01-25-2009 06:50 AM

Hello & welcome from WA

rita333 01-25-2009 11:02 AM

HI CATHY..DON'T LAUGH, I WAS IN THE CLASS OF 68 FROM ONDOSSAGON. MY SISTER JOYCE LIVES IN WASHBURN ('73) BROTHER RAY LIVES IN ASHLAND ('75) EVERYBODY KNOWS MY BROTHER. I HAVE ONE OF THE 1990 BEACONS BUT I DIDN'T FIND A CATHY. NOW THIS IS REALLY A SMALL WORLD. I GREW UP ONLY A FEW MILES FROM THE SCHOOL. I HEAR THERE IS PLANS FOR AN ALL SCHOOL REUNION IN 2010.DON'T KNOW IF WE WILL MAKE THAT. OUR PLAN IS TO BE BACK THERE FOR WASHBURN HOMECOMING THAT YEAR. HAVE A NICE DAY. WAITING TO HEAR MORE FROM YOU. RITA

hexagonquilter 01-25-2009 11:21 AM

Rita,
I am not sure if I would be in a 1990 Beacon. I have a brother that graduated in '74 and a sister in '76, then the parents decided to have more kids later. So there are like 2 batches of kids. The younger ones are 5, 12 and 16 years younger than I am.
I have not gone to any of the reunions from school. I also grew up 3 miles from the Ondossagon school.
Last name then was Glass.
Cathy

rita333 01-25-2009 11:31 AM

CATHY, YES NOW I FOUND YOU BUT IN THE BOOK CATHY IS WITH A "K". ARE YOU CLAYTON'S SISTER. HE GRADUATED WITH MY BROTHER. IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME, BUT I THINK HE CAME TO OUR HOUSE MANY TIMES. I KNOW YOU LIVED CLOSE BY, BUT DON'T REMEMBER EXACTLY. WE HAVE BEEN OUT HERE FOR OVER 30 YEARS. MY LAST NAME WAS STUART.

hexagonquilter 01-25-2009 11:36 AM

Yes, I know Ray! We call him "The Bug Man". I am sure he knows us and my husband as well. Ask him sometime. David Mesik, know David knows him pretty well.
Small world for sure.
Cathy

rita333 01-25-2009 12:19 PM

YES THAT'S MY LITTLE BROTHER. TOLD YOU EVERYBODY KNOWS HIM FROM ONE END OF THE COUNTY TO THE OTHER. NOW EVERYBODY IS WONDERING WHY HE IS CALLED THE BUGMAN. I'M NOT MUCH UP ON COMPUTERS SO I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE THE PM, ANY WAY I COULDN'T GET IT TO WORK, MAYBE I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG. WHY DON'T YOU JUST EMAIL ME, I'M SURE ALL THESE FOLK DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT OUR BACK WOODS NEWS. [email protected]
HAVE A NICE DAY..MORE LATER, RITA

QuiltinLee 01-25-2009 05:41 PM

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA!!

Mousie 01-25-2009 06:51 PM

hi hexagon quilter! staying warm in Florida. Glad some of you like snow. I like to feel my toes, lol!
Rita, didn't you know quilters can be a nosy bunch, lol. Of course we are interested in your backwoods banter. I think it's fantastic how you guys got on here and end up knowing same ppl. that don't happen much. :wink: