Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from southern CA! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-southern-ca-t174659.html)

tjmoore9 01-06-2012 10:18 AM

Hi from southern CA!

Hi, My name is Tammy and from southern CA. I am a stay home mom and a part time student studying to be an RN. I recently went back to school to persue my dream of being an RN. A learning disbility kept me from my dream years ago. I found out years later that I was dyslexic. My youngest son is as well. What I didn't know was that I had gifts in the arts! who knew?? I did my first landscape around 5 yrs ago. I learned from a book. I won first place and was shocked! I walked away with $500. My point is that I never thought i had any gifts until it was pointed out to me. For years I thought I was stupid actually, found out that I was pretty darn smart. It was through quilting that I found my love and myself really! Takes me to another place and I feel I am in my element. I am very open about my story because their are many of us out here. I get to talk with people all the time and help them realize they are Brilliant in thier own way! :-) My favorite thing is to help those who have learning difficulties (processing issues) realize they have a hidden gift somewhere. Let them know that they just learn different is all. A gift always follows. I will never forget that spiecal friend who did that with me.

I am on my sencond landscape quilt and it is turning out pretty good. I am just stuck looking for shrubs, flowers, and foliage I like...if anyone knows of a good website for landscape quilt fabric, I would love to know. I can't seem to find any. also, both my quilt shops have closed down. I am so sad about that. I would love to know if anyone knows of a good quilt maybe further out from me. I am in south orange county.

I look forward to meeting other quilters and sharing ideas and of course looking at pictures. I start school back up on Tuesday and will have less time to quilt, but hopefully since it has slowed down a bit I can squeeze in my love of quilting.

hensandhollyhocks 01-06-2012 10:39 AM

Welcome from Oklahoma!

tjmoore9 01-06-2012 10:50 AM

I posted some pictures of my first landscape quilt in the picture thread! I love looking at everyones work. so beautiful! I don't think my family is getting dinner tonight. I will be still looking at pictures. haha! :-)

Hi Oklahoma!! Thanks for the welcome. :-)

Fraew 01-06-2012 11:00 AM

Hi and welcome aboard from NCal! Nursing is my service, quilting is my passion. All the best to you as you complete your coursework. :)

imdelagarza62 01-06-2012 11:13 AM

Welcome Central Texas!

Tartan 01-06-2012 11:29 AM

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. People with learning disabilities are really smart. They teach themselves things in unique ways and show others how to think outside the box.

sik1010 01-06-2012 12:24 PM

Hello, and welcome from Michigan!

breezyquilts 01-06-2012 12:41 PM

Welcome Tammy from Lebanon Oregon!! I am an RN, currently working full time. I have 28 1/2 years in nursing now and am excited to hear about your schooling, wonderful!!! Your story is inspiring and I love your landscape quilt, it is beautiful. I look forward to seeing the next one!! Enjoy the board!!

gollytwo 01-06-2012 12:47 PM

Greetings and welcome from Southern New Hampshire

Lori B. 01-06-2012 01:32 PM

Welcome from Michigan!:)