Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from southern CA! >

Hi from southern CA!

Hi from southern CA!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:18 AM

Default Hi from southern CA!

Hi, My name is Tammy and from southern CA. I am a stay home mom and a part time student studying to be an RN. I recently went back to school to persue my dream of being an RN. A learning disbility kept me from my dream years ago. I found out years later that I was dyslexic. My youngest son is as well. What I didn't know was that I had gifts in the arts! who knew?? I did my first landscape around 5 yrs ago. I learned from a book. I won first place and was shocked! I walked away with $500. My point is that I never thought i had any gifts until it was pointed out to me. For years I thought I was stupid actually, found out that I was pretty darn smart. It was through quilting that I found my love and myself really! Takes me to another place and I feel I am in my element. I am very open about my story because their are many of us out here. I get to talk with people all the time and help them realize they are Brilliant in thier own way! :-) My favorite thing is to help those who have learning difficulties (processing issues) realize they have a hidden gift somewhere. Let them know that they just learn different is all. A gift always follows. I will never forget that spiecal friend who did that with me.

I am on my sencond landscape quilt and it is turning out pretty good. I am just stuck looking for shrubs, flowers, and foliage I like...if anyone knows of a good website for landscape quilt fabric, I would love to know. I can't seem to find any. also, both my quilt shops have closed down. I am so sad about that. I would love to know if anyone knows of a good quilt maybe further out from me. I am in south orange county.

I look forward to meeting other quilters and sharing ideas and of course looking at pictures. I start school back up on Tuesday and will have less time to quilt, but hopefully since it has slowed down a bit I can squeeze in my love of quilting.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:39 AM

Welcome from Oklahoma!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:50 AM

I posted some pictures of my first landscape quilt in the picture thread! I love looking at everyones work. so beautiful! I don't think my family is getting dinner tonight. I will be still looking at pictures. haha! :-)

Hi Oklahoma!! Thanks for the welcome. :-)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM

Hi and welcome aboard from NCal! Nursing is my service, quilting is my passion. All the best to you as you complete your coursework.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:13 AM

Welcome Central Texas!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada. People with learning disabilities are really smart. They teach themselves things in unique ways and show others how to think outside the box.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:24 PM

Hello, and welcome from Michigan!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM

Welcome Tammy from Lebanon Oregon!! I am an RN, currently working full time. I have 28 1/2 years in nursing now and am excited to hear about your schooling, wonderful!!! Your story is inspiring and I love your landscape quilt, it is beautiful. I look forward to seeing the next one!! Enjoy the board!!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

Greetings and welcome from Southern New Hampshire
Old 01-06-2012, 01:32 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!