Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Texas (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-texas-t313111.html)

Sharongn 11-16-2020 06:08 PM

Hi Bearisgray. I bet you have a good story behind your screen name. 0 ): thank you for the welcome.

Sharongn 11-16-2020 06:09 PM

Hi Tartan. Thank you! I visited Canada once... Went to Toronto for business one time. So pretty! I look forward to seeing you around.

Sharongn 11-16-2020 06:16 PM

Hi Cashs_mom. Too bad we're so far apart. I'm in the DFW area... Arlington to be exact. Not far from the Cowboy stadium. I have one of my mom's old sewing machines. A Kenmore. Can't remember which model but it's a great machine. I need to take it in for a check up. Last time I used it it was acting up. It is a real workhorse. I've sewn some really heavy fabric on it. It's way past due a visit to Dr. Sew so I'm sure she'll be a lot happier afterwards. Lol. Thanks for the embroidery link. I am definitely checking it out! Thanks for the welcome!

Sharongn 11-16-2020 06:21 PM

Hi Lori B. One place i worked ended up selling to a company based in Flint Michigan. I was offered a job up there but had to turn it down. just think... we came :::this:::: close to being neighbors! Thanks for the welcome! I look forward to picking everyone's brain. 0):

Rose_P 11-16-2020 06:33 PM

Hi and welcome! I'm on the far side of Dallas from you. When things get back to normal, maybe we can meet at a quilt show in Dallas someday. I like the colors in your bargello design - nice start!

Barb in Louisiana 11-16-2020 07:01 PM

Welcome from South Louisiana. Love your quilt.

cashs_mom 11-16-2020 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sharongn (Post 8433875)
Hi Cashs_mom. Too bad we're so far apart. I'm in the DFW area... Arlington to be exact. Not far from the Cowboy stadium. I have one of my mom's old sewing machines. A Kenmore. Can't remember which model but it's a great machine. I need to take it in for a check up. Last time I used it it was acting up. It is a real workhorse. I've sewn some really heavy fabric on it. It's way past due a visit to Dr. Sew so I'm sure she'll be a lot happier afterwards. Lol. Thanks for the embroidery link. I am definitely checking it out! Thanks for the welcome!

If you ever come this way for Quilt Festival, we'll have to get together.

Sharongn 11-16-2020 08:01 PM

Hi Rose_P. I used to live in Mesquite and my daughter lives in Forney now. After I retire I want to move over to that side of the metroplex, if I can work it out. It would be nice to be closed to her and her family. I would love to get together sometime. Sounds fun! Thanks for the welcome!
​​​

Sharongn 11-16-2020 08:05 PM

Hi Barb. My mom's name is Barb too. :). My ex was from louisianna... Coushatta / Shreveport. I spent a lot of time there years ago. Loved spending time in the country. It was some really good times. Thanks so much for your welcome!

Sharongn 11-16-2020 08:07 PM

Hi again Cashs mom. Would love to go to the quilt show on Houston. Will have to let you know when I will be going and he sure to hook up.