Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New from Maine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-maine-t308588.html)

leonf 12-19-2019 07:08 AM

"Just didn't every think about having more than one. "

Didn't know that was possible. When you get more than 50 ya gotta start asking why.

leaha 12-19-2019 09:27 AM

a warm welcome to the board, it is a wonderful place to share, and I love that it is a safe place, the moderators are great here. Love Maine, lived there a couple of times over the years, and would love to move there again. I think I have one last move in me. LOL

Bags 12-20-2019 01:05 PM

Hi everyone! Thank you again for the kind and welcoming words. This truly is a wonderful, encouraging and comforting place to come and visit. I'm not really a quilter (yet), but I've done a couple of goofy and simple blankets for husband (Rocky and Bullwinkle) and son (Chicago Bears) and now grandbaby blankets. If I can find the pictures of them, I'll post them.

As my username might suggest, I love sewing bags. My search for a new sewing machine began when I was sewing a large diaper bag for my son (twins and a 4 year old stepdaughter) and having a lot of trouble trying to maneuver it in the small throat space of my Bernina.

After starting to research large throat space machines, and narrowing down my choice to the Brother and the Juki, I googled "Brother compared to Juki". It brought me here.

I have learned so much here, just about sewing in general, I decided to join this board. Can't wait to try some of these wonderful projects that I've seen on this board. So...

Thank you,
Carol

juliasb 12-20-2019 02:57 PM

The Brothers 1500 series are great machines! I love mine and it is a workhorse! I have the the 1500se and have had it now for 10+ years and it runs perfect all the time. I am watchful of it and took it in for a check up about 6 months ago and all was well. I have a number of machines here and I love them all. The 1500 has probably got the most work out in the last 10 years.

leonf 12-22-2019 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bags,

This Union Spicial Industrial is made for sewing feed bags shut. If I ever get it all to move I may get to try it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]621150[/ATTACH]

Bags 12-26-2019 09:52 AM

leonf, what a wonderful looking machine. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

mim 12-26-2019 11:01 AM

welcome from another Maine-iac. I live on coastal Maine altho in winter we now come to WA state to be nearer the kids. More than one machine?? most of us have several -- I have 2 in WA and only one in Me. I love to shop at Mardens but for many fabrics go to my local (only 30 miles) quilt shop. They are also my local dealer for Janome.

You will find us all ready and willing to ask/answer everything.

Pat M. 01-01-2020 10:56 AM

I still bad mouth the dealer from 20 years ago about my old Volkswagon Fox car. In the end, I think I got "even " with them. Haha