Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New Member Says Hello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-member-says-hello-t1248.html)

ShellyQ 06-12-2007 11:41 AM

Hi everyone. I'really pleased to have found a place to share ideas and talk with other quilters from around the world.

It was quite a job finding this place, you should have seen some of the rubbish that my search engine found, lol and my virus program was having a fit.

Anyway I live in New Zealand and would really enjoy hearing from other quilters. My particular interests in quilting are foundation piecing, traditional piecing & traditional applique.

I love to play with pattern and colour and have made quite a few quilt tops and some finished quilts. Unfortunately because I would rather make quilt tops than finish them, I have quite a few UFO's lol.

It would be lovely to hear from some of you. I am very new to the web so please pardon any unknowing breaches of web etiquette in advance. Thanks.

In the meantime Happy Stitiching from ShellyQ

Moonpi 06-12-2007 04:41 PM

Welcome newbie! Lots of people here from all over. Glad you can join us!

ShellyQ 06-12-2007 05:34 PM

Flying_V_Goddess 06-12-2007 05:44 PM

Welcome! The more the merrier! :mrgreen:

Carla P 06-12-2007 06:05 PM

Welcome ShellyQ We're glad to have you!!

Celeste 06-12-2007 06:18 PM

As always, we're anxious for pictures! go ahead, show us the tops!

ShellyQ 06-12-2007 10:34 PM

Thanks to everyone for the greetings :)

I promise pictures soon lol. I'm waiting to get my other computer back which has the right connections for my camera. Had a major crash, needed new hard drive, modem and computer had faulty boot disks which had to be replaced from Austalia.

Been 9 weeks now and still waiting, Should be ready soon though. Anyhow soon as I can I will post some pics, promise.

Cheers for now

zyxquilts 06-12-2007 10:36 PM

Welcome ShellyQ! I've passed thru' the Aukland airport a few times on my way to my sister's in Australia. Wished I could have had time to actually visit there too.
I know what you mean about the ufo's...completing the quilt is the hardest part for me too. I'm supposed to take some quilts to my guild meeting Thursday night - my friend Ann is our speaker & her topic is "Secrets of the Quilt Police", so she needs samples to "judge". Ha! I only have one finished quilt that isn't a small wall hanging! And somehow, I don't think I'll be getting any more done between now & then. LOL
Enjoy the forum!

:D

sue

SandraJennings 06-13-2007 09:07 AM

Welcome! We have fun and as you see cover a lot of territory. :D

vicki reno 06-14-2007 08:14 AM

Welcome! A lot of fun and interesting things go on here. I know you will gt lots of laughs and learn a lot too. My true love besides my DH is applique. Right now I work almost 50 hrs a week at a rock quarry so have little time for much else --We are in the process of remodeling our house and getting it ready to sell in a couple of years when I retire. At that point, I am going to quilt till I drop and get up and quilt some more.
Anyway, welcome aboard.