Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New quilter - from Leesburg FL/Pittsburgh PA (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-quilter-leesburg-fl-pittsburgh-pa-t44663.html)

Jim's Gem 05-02-2010 05:24 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!!

PghPat 05-02-2010 05:37 PM

Hi Jetnica - where are you in relation to Greensburg/Pittsburgh. I was born and raised in Pgh but for the past two years I've lived in Burgettstown (know where that is?).

I'm hoping to find some quilting shops, classes, guilds close by when I get home. I know there is a guild that meets on Tues mornings in Washington - might check that out.

You'll have to let me know where you find the shops in Pgh.

CarrieAnne 05-02-2010 06:23 PM

Welcome!

LeslieSkelly 05-02-2010 06:27 PM

Howdy and welcome from Pipe Creek Texas!!!

jetnica 05-02-2010 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by PghPat
Hi Jetnica - where are you in relation to Greensburg/Pittsburgh. I was born and raised in Pgh but for the past two years I've lived in Burgettstown (know where that is?).

I'm hoping to find some quilting shops, classes, guilds close by when I get home. I know there is a guild that meets on Tues mornings in Washington - might check that out.

You'll have to let me know where you find the shops in Pgh.

I live in Wheeling WV -- Greensburg is about an hour and a half from me. My bf used to play paintball there every sunday, and finally I decided to find something to do up there so we could travel together. Wouldn't you know it, the week after I find the shop, fall in love, and order a machine, the paintball park went bankrupt!! So now I'm going to greensburg by myself - but the girls in the shop are worth the drive.

The bf is playing *in* pittsburgh now, says if i find a shop downtown I could walk to it... but I like the greensburg shop!

I will keep you updated -- let me know about the guild in washington - I may join with you!!

edited to add: I know burgettstown! (used to be starlake, then postgazette, now it's something new) -- went to a few dave matthews band concerts there -- it's also on the "anti-79" way home...

amma 05-02-2010 08:39 PM

Hello and Welcome :D:D:D
We would love to help all we can, just ask questions and we can help you with what you need to know :wink:

finch 05-03-2010 05:19 AM

I am also a snowbird from Keyser West Virginia. Sure wish that you lived closer.I am in Deltona now. I went to school in Greensburg Pa.I would love to find a new quilter in my area to take a class with or to join a guild with.Welcome aboard.

lynette 05-03-2010 06:26 AM

Hello, I live just outside of Greensburg, what shop did you find. love to go and see....

PghPat 05-03-2010 06:30 AM

Hi Finch - bummer - like you, I sure wish I could find a close quilter friend. Where is Keyser? If I weren't so stuck on this message board I could go to Google Maps - LOL!

finch 05-03-2010 06:37 AM

Keyser is about 25 miles from Cumberland Md. Actually that it where I was born. I just moved to Florida a year ago. I have been to Leesburg.It is pretty there.