Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   New from Washington state (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/new-washington-state-t32109.html)

Ninnie 12-28-2009 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Constance

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Hi from one Constance to another!!
Ninnie in NC.

I LOVE THE NAME Ninnie where did you get that???

I have been called so many things, from Constanza (my Italian side of my life) to Con, Conz, Connie of course, and a host of other names, but I like Ninnie, it's cute.
connie

PS also it's rare to meet another Constance these days. I have met many just Connie, but not Constance. My middle name is Marie.

My Name is Constance Beth :roll: And all of my family use the whole thing when talking to me. :-D And all my friends call me Connie Beth, :lol: :lol: There are not a lot of Constance's in this world, that's for sure. I was always told that it was a good Catholic, Scottish name! LOL

My Grandson, would try to say Connie, but it came out Ninnie and now , I am Ninnie to my 3 grandsons. :-D And to all on this board.

:-D

GailG 12-28-2009 05:52 PM

Ninnie in NC.

I have been called so many things, from Constanza (my Italian side of my life) to Con, Conz, Connie of course, and a host of other names, but I like Ninnie, it's cute.
connie

PS also it's rare to meet another Constance these days. I have met many just Connie, but not Constance. My middle name is Marie.

That's usually how nicknames start. Our little town is known for it's people's nicknames. First of all we're Cajun French. We are known to put T (short for petite {or little} in French) before male names. Such as T-boy, T-Jim, T-man, and the list goes on. When my baby brother was born, my baby sister was only 17 months old. My mother would tell her,"Say 'how-do, Little Boy." Baby Sister would say, "Ha do, B-Boy." You've got it. Today he is known as B-Boy. Some people don't know his real name. And then (I don't mean to be so lengthy with my story...) when the first grandkids were born, my dad wanted to be called Grumpy (kind of a twist for the French version of Gran-pa). Well, little Darren couldn't say Grumpy. He would say, "Gonky." Yep, my dad carried his name to the grave. When Father blessed his grave on All Saints' Day, he finished with, "Rest in peace, Gonky."

My Name is Constance Beth :roll: And all of my family use the whole thing when talking to me. :-D And all my friends call me Connie Beth, :lol: :lol: There are not a lot of Constance's in this world, that's for sure. I was always told that it was a good Catholic, Scottish name! LOL

My Grandson, would try to say Connie, but it came out Ninnie and now , I am Ninnie to my 3 grandsons. :-D And to all on this board.

:lol:

OOPS! Sorry. I've put my story in the middle of everything. And I don't know how to correct it, except to delete. So I'm sure you can find it. Right? Sorry Connie.

Constance 12-28-2009 07:46 PM

Ninnie in NC.

connie

ohhhh I get it, I have a friend nick named Soonie because her siblings that were younger couldn't say SUSAN!! She has been Soonie ever since. Cute.

Constance 12-28-2009 07:48 PM

Ninnie in NC.

connie

ohhhh I get it, I have a friend nick named Soonie because her siblings that were younger couldn't say SUSAN!! She has been Soonie ever since. Cute.

I like the Connie Beth a whole lot, I have never been called Constanza Mahria since grandma died, but prior to that I sure was. English is Constance Marie. My dad and his identical twin both called me just Con or Con Con....my friends called me Con a lot too. One called me Conzie all the time. So when I sell books on half.com I use Conz Book Cellar.

Constance 12-28-2009 07:49 PM

Ninnie in NC.

connie

I like the Connie Beth a whole lot, I have never been called Constanza Mahria since grandma died, but prior to that I sure was. English is Constance Marie. My dad and his identical twin both called me just Con or Con Con....my friends called me Con a lot too. One called me Conzie all the time. So when I sell books on half.com I use Conz Book Cellar.

NORTH CAROLINA--------I got it.....I believe you have a very good governor isn't that right? I think I heard him speak, but I could be wrong. Forgive me if I am. ;-)

Constance 12-28-2009 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by GailG

Ninnie in NC.

connie

That's usually how nicknames start. Our little town is known for it's people's nicknames. First of all we're Cajun French. We are known to put T (short for petite {or little} in French) before male names. Such as T-boy, T-Jim, T-man, and the list goes on. When my baby brother was born, my baby sister was only 17 months old. My mother would tell her,"Say 'how-do, Little Boy." Baby Sister would say, "Ha do, B-Boy." You've got it. Today he is known as B-Boy. Some people don't know his real name. And then (I don't mean to be so lengthy with my story...) when the first grandkids were born, my dad wanted to be called Grumpy (kind of a twist for the French version of Gran-pa). Well, little Darren couldn't say Grumpy. He would say, "Gonky." Yep, my dad carried his name to the grave. When Father blessed his grave on All Saints' Day, he finished with, "Rest in peace, Gonky."

:lol:

OOPS! Sorry. I've put my story in the middle of everything. And I don't know how to correct it, except to delete. So I'm sure you can find it. Right? Sorry Connie.

Please don't be sorry, I think you're just fine ;-). I don't sweat the small stuff, I think once you reach 63 or thereabouts it truly doesn't mean a thing right? I like to hear the origins of nicknames, I was an English teacher ;-). And Connie Beth---- that is so cute, it really makes Connie better, I like it. My grandmother told me the name Contance means Constant or Consistent, or perservering, staying put, staying with something or someone, etc. etc., and it was also quite Victorian....so I can see the Catholic and the Victorian in the name. What is so comical to me is I am comedic ALL the time without trying, and I'm a writer too, so I do not want to blow my own horn EVER, it's automatic and play on words is also automatic.....and constant so that part fits. I guess what I am saying is I am anything BUT Victorian, as in proper, I fall down too much and stumble too much, drop things too much, etc., as in I really do try to be lady like but it doesn't always come out that way, so it becomes comedic without trying. It's like watching a movie where you know they accidentially ad-lib and then giggled about it. The old movies I mean, the "good" ones? I think I've said enough for the moment.
;-) Conz

Iluv2quilt 12-29-2009 04:20 AM

Auj - Welcome - I love the quilt in your avatar, did you make it?

Boston1954 12-29-2009 03:43 PM

Welcome from Oklahoma. This is the place to be.

Oklahoma Suzie 12-30-2009 07:10 AM

Hi, and welcome from OKlahoma.