Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Introduce Yourself
  • quilt as you go >
  • quilt as you go

• quilt as you go

Old 09-22-2007, 09:03 PM

:( :? hi. my name is rosie and am new to the forum. i enjoy reading itand all the questions. Does any one know if you can quilt a double wedding ring quilt by using the quilt as you go method. any help is appreciated:
    Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM

Hi Rosie!

No idea on your question, but am happy you joined us!
    Old 09-23-2007, 12:35 AM

Hi Rosie, very pleased to meet you. Re your query, I think it might be quite difficult to complete a double wedding ring using the quilt as you go method. But I never say somethings impossable cause some one always ends up proving one wrong :-) Glad you joined, jump right in, comment on a thread or check out the pic section. If you've got some pics of your own to post, I know we'd all love to see them :D
    Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 AM

hi rosie, welcome i am a recent newbie too.so i don't have an answer for your quesion. where did you get the wedding ring pattern you are working on? jeanette
    Old 09-23-2007, 06:07 AM
    bj

I saw a demonstration on one of the quilt shows, but don't remember which one, that was done like a peek-a-boo quilt. You make circles, with the outer border pieced on the back side. They will have to be sewn together and turned so you have no raw edges. When you sew the circles together, in a square, your curved edges should be on top of the quilt. Fold them out flat and the pieced arcs will show on top. Then just tack them down. I haven't tried it myself, as I'm a little frightened of curves. But they made it look really easy on TV (of course).
    Old 09-29-2007, 06:47 AM

Hi Rosie,
    So glad you've joined and that you've come to chat a couple of times with us. I sure don't know about the wedding ring quilt, but one of the resident try everything quilters will be along soon to answer you.

Glad to welcome you to our group,
    Sharon
    Old 09-01-2008, 08:45 AM

Hi Rosie,
    I know this is late but I just happened to catch this thread. go to HGTV.com and put Simply Quilts in the search space and find Episode QLT1033.
    There are instructions for a quilt as you go double wedding ring. The guest is Cheryl Phillips and she wrote a book called Rings That Bind and you may be able to purchase it on Amazon or e-bay etc. Her website is www.phillipsfiberart.com
    Hope this helps
    Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 AM
    Banned

welcome from kansas Rosie:)
    Old 09-01-2008, 02:22 PM

Welcome from North Carolina.
    Old 09-01-2008, 02:28 PM
    Izy

Originally Posted by bj
    I saw a demonstration on one of the quilt shows, but don't remember which one, that was done like a peek-a-boo quilt. You make circles, with the outer border pieced on the back side. They will have to be sewn together and turned so you have no raw edges. When you sew the circles together, in a square, your curved edges should be on top of the quilt. Fold them out flat and the pieced arcs will show on top. Then just tack them down. I haven't tried it myself, as I'm a little frightened of curves. But they made it look really easy on TV (of course).
    Bj is that not the cathedral windows tutorial...I did a version without the batting like this.. http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/8539.page