Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
A quilter/wannabe from the "frontier" >

A quilter/wannabe from the "frontier"

A quilter/wannabe from the "frontier"

Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 AM

Hi, I'm Leslie from Montana. I live on the end of the road to nowhere and have quilted sporadicly for 40 years. I have that "dream" quilt locked up inside and am working on the key to unlock it. I have to do this vicariously through books and now the internet. I have MOUNDS of fabric in a sewing room, that when it gets done and the dust settles, will be the IDEAL place to search for the key. I have just finished 9 Christmas throws for 9 grandchildren, a shirt for my husband (his pick of colors, not mine) that has taken forever, I love him, not his color combinations :roll: amid this chaos and in a semi cleared 8x8 area. I have a quilt top on the Gracie frame, no room to quilt, that has been there patiently waiting for a year - lots of points hidden under "oh damn" seams - I'll get to it when I get a 'rountoit (they don't sell those anymore I am looking for an antique, got one?) onwards and upwards, ............. if I can find the path.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Boo

Leslie, welcome to the forum. You will find great pals here, willing to share experience and knowledge. After reading your intro, I decided to do some hunting and am including a little gift. Please click on this link for your surprise.
:lol:

http://www.paperpanache.com/guests/atuit.htm
Old 12-06-2006, 06:45 PM

Boo---You've found the Round Tuit?? Tell me it ain't so! I'm gonna make a few dozen of those and hand them out to procrastinating friends as Christmas presents, maybe in February when I get...well, you know...around to it :lol: There goes my last excuse!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Boo

Leslee, who you think you kidding? Your last excuse? Please :roll:
Old 12-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Uhmmmm....Uhmmmm....no, wait! Really! That was my last excuse and I'm sticking to it! PS, Boo: I got a chance to take a look at the patterns you got from Pacific Rim. The breadfruit one looks like a good life-long project. Hee hee. I can't keep talking like this, I'm liable to spook the poor newbies... :D