Returning

Old 03-24-2024, 08:31 AM

Default Returning

Hello everyone, I have finally found you. I joined years ago, and forgot to keep up. Now my life is quieter, so I have more time to meet you all again. I’ve been quilting for over thirty years, given away a lot of quilts to family and charities, but have kept certain ones as I loved the design. My favourite is Baltimore applique quilts, and Amish quilts. I’ve just finished piecing a Hanging Gardens top which I now have to quilt. I’m learning to machine quilt too. Then is plan a Garden Maze. Has anyone else done a Garden Maze?
Old 03-24-2024, 10:10 AM

Welcome back again. Glad to have you here once more. Garden Maze sounds like it will be a lovely quilt. I've not done one myself.
I have a long, long time quilter friend in Romsley, West Midlands UK. We met online doing Quilting Around the World projects.
we both are still quilting, slowly but surely.
Old 03-25-2024, 12:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully, I’ll keep up with things on Quilting Board better this time around. Good to know you have connections with us here in the UK. I used to be a long time penfriend of a quilter in Michigan and we had some great visits. She died a couple of years ago and I still tend to imagine I’m going to send her quilt news! Good times.
Old 03-25-2024, 04:43 AM

Welcome back. And what a beauty the Garden Maze quilt will be. I googled the pattern and it is lovely. Wander around the site, I bet some of the folks you met in 2011 are still here.
Old 03-26-2024, 06:41 AM

Welcome back! Is nice that we are still here. I like to think of the Garden Maze (at least the one I know) as a setting option and have done a couple. I'll look and see if I can find any pictures of one I did in the last 10 years. It looks like it wasn't one of my more documented quilts... I know the large squares had a bird print with a more aqua than blue background and I keep finding bits of the fabric when I'm looking for other things
Old 04-01-2024, 01:26 AM

Is t it always the way? I’ve just been sorting through my stash for the right fabrics for my Garden Maze. I started planning to have blues for the prints, but then found a gorgeous multi rose print. Couldn’t resist that, but then couldn’t find the right small print to offset it. So this meant I had to break one of my “rules” to use the fabrics I’ve got rather than buy more. Happily I found just the right print at one of our fabric stores, and it should arrive soon. Hope I’ve ordered enough! (I really struggle when it comes to estimating yardage). Cross your fingers for me.
Old 04-04-2024, 10:35 AM

I’ve spent this morning marking up the quilt pattern for my Hanging Gardens quilt .Tomorrow I’ll get the layers together at the quilt group I go to. Then over the weekend I hope to start free motion quilting it. Still a big learning curve!