Rumored?

Old 03-13-2024, 05:54 AM

Onebyone, I had a very similar experience. Luckily, the item wasn't terribly expensive - but I had ordered 4 and received 3. One of them broke the first time it was used. (A Wilton product.) Lesson learned.

Their sales policies annoy the heck out of me. Raise prices to a ridiculous amount so that they can give a discount or coupon. Just price things accurately in the first place.

When they stopped carrying W&N a few years ago, and were pushing their brand of batting, I found that I could get it online from a few places and have it delivered to my door for less than when I was going to the store with my "good" coupon. Their batting was lousy and they found out that they'd better go back to W&N, but I've never bought it there since.

Where I am in FL, the closest one is nearly an hour away. Less than 30 miles, but horrible traffic. Totally not worth the drive.
Old 03-14-2024, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

I read that they would be closing only certain (underperforming) stores in certain states. But from past experience, news like this usually signals the beginning of the end.
Old 03-17-2024, 03:11 PM
Power Poster

I almost never go there for a variety of reasons but I was there last week to buy some netting. The huge store was empty, as it always seems to be. Even though they totally remodeled it a couple of years ago the fabric area was a mess and it was almost impossible to get anyone to help. I asked where the netting was and a young girl just pointed to the general area. The whole experience made me glad I don't shop there.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:42 AM

No longer just a rumor! Reorganization time. I'm sure some store closings and such as well. I really hope they get rid of the fake pricing where they don't expect anyone to buy at regular price...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...f68aac97&ei=34
Old 03-19-2024, 03:38 AM

Thanks for the update, Iceblossom. My local JoAnn's is full or reduced this and than all the time. But it does seem to have consistent new items, replacing items that are out of stock. I hope it stays, I don't often buy fabric there but for notions, and seasonal decor it is my first stop. I occasionally will purchase a bolt of their best white or cream wide back muslin. I find it of good quality and I do by the large roll of W & N batting from them online.
Old 03-19-2024, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom View Post
I really hope they get rid of the fake pricing where they don't expect anyone to buy at regular price...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...f68aac97&ei=34
I agree, Iceblossom. When they temporarily stopped carrying a product I had always used my coupons for, I started looking elsewhere for it. What I found was that those 40% off coupons were really just lowering their prices to what everyone else was charging without a sale or coupon.

The home decor items are just silly. Totally unrealistic prices, but they start at 40% off the day they are put on the shelves, and the discount grows as the holiday/season gets closer.

The last thing I tried to buy there was some black buttons. They didn't even have a good selection of those. It won't bother me a bit if they close.