SandSraps

Old 10-29-2011, 07:14 AM

Welcome from Phoenix, AZ.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:23 PM

Welcome from Louisiana in the USA. How you found any time to quilt or even breathe with triplets is amazing. LOL
Old 10-30-2011, 02:26 PM

Welcome from Montana. Visiting Africa is definitely on my "Bucket List" (things to do before I die) as well as riding a naked elephant! I don't mean me naked, I mean a bare elephant without a box or covering of some sort on it. My bedroom is decorated with elephants, and all things Africa.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by 1000projects View Post
Pictures!
Thank you so much for all the warm welcome messages. You sure know how to make one feel part of a group.
I finally got around to posting some pictures this afternoon. The scrappies went onto the scrappy show thread and the others (Yip, when I do it, I do it well) onto a new thread under pictures. Sadly, no descriptions with the pictures - that's the next challenge to conquer.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Connie M. View Post
Welcome from Montana. Visiting Africa is definitely on my "Bucket List" (things to do before I die) as well as riding a naked elephant! I don't mean me naked, I mean a bare elephant without a box or covering of some sort on it. My bedroom is decorated with elephants, and all things Africa.
Both images of you on theelephant are something to look forward to. We could even get you on a camel! Not that I have much to compare it to, but Africa is special. Namibia, in particualr is very special since we have a very cosmopolitan capital city while a ten-hour drive will bring you in touch with age-old, untouched culture! Put us on the bucket list! A visit to the US is on mine!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:21 AM

A very patient DH who cooks like an angel and did not mind driving them around was key to this story. He also believes very strongly in the therapeutic value of sewing when it comes to his wife and used to ban me to the work room for certain numbers of hours to combat stress while he took over the entire household. Did I mentions his fantastic legs? And no, he does not have an unmarried brother and they broke the mold after using it for him.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
welcome from Missouri USA. Have fun and share. We love pictures and even instructions.
The pictures were posted. Not sure I'm brave enough for a tute. Yet! But am always happy to share.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Grammie Sharon View Post
'welcome from Michigan. My cousing and his wife and daughter live in Africa, but I can;t remember what part. Please share some fabrics from Africa if you could.
We ahve some great fabrics - mostly from South Africa. I'll have to look into the how's of getting them to you.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Hello, and welcome from New Jersey.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:27 PM

Hello and welcome from southern Louisiana USA. Enjoy, there is so much information on this board. Glad to have you.