stitches2u

Old 05-13-2011, 04:37 PM

Hi everyone. I'm new to the site, not even sure how it got here. That's fine with me. I love to quilt, too. I'm in the process of cleaning and re-organizing my sewing room. I think I would rather move, leave it all behind and start all over again. The more I clean the worse it gets. At this point the sewing room is the only room in the house that is navagable. I have fabric, patterns, etc., etc., on every square inch with a flat surface. It should be finished by this Fall. Just in time to sew for Christmas. Please, just pray for me. I assured my husband that all this is necessary if one is to become a really outstanding quilter. Not sure how long he will believe that one. Oh well, we do what we must. I live in GA, been married 48 years( I was only 1 year old, (arranged marriage)and now my children are older than their Mom. Very odd but that's my story and I'm sticking to it. 4 wonderful, beautful granddaughters and 1 adorable grandson. Life is wonderful and then I walk into my livingroom and enter the "Twilight Zone." Here's to good quilting all over the world. May our stitches meet and lead us to some fabulous location one day soon.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

welcome!
Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 PM

Hello and welcome aboard.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:03 PM

Here's a big 9 square thank you from the grand old state OF GA.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:06 PM

Welcome and sewing rooms are funny that way...they wax and wane with projects. :roll:
Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Hello and welcome. I think you will like it here. We are a friendly bunch. I am also cleaning/organizing my sewing room as it got unusable b/c everything I need to sort thru ends up in there. I can't spread it all over the house b/c there is over stuff all over!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Hello from Ohio
Old 05-13-2011, 05:31 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. To add insult to injury I order or go by Joann's or Hobby Lobby just to "see" what is new and bring home more. I buy fabric to make a quilt for a friend or family member, find the pattern then find another pattern and it starts all over again. I am not responsible. I walk through a fabric store and the stuff jumps off the bolt and clings to me, locks onto my legs, holds onto my hands, what is a girl to do. Well, my solution is "buy" in case the need arises for that particular pattern or fabrc somewhere down the road. I was a Girl Scout. They taught us to "Always Be Prepared." It isn't an option, it's mandatory. And who am I to argue with a girl scout. Nay, nay, not me.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

Hello, and welcome from Idaho!
Old 05-13-2011, 05:50 PM

A big welcome from the eastern part of Texas.