UK newbie

Old 12-17-2020, 06:24 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the board!
My sewing room currently looks like a bomb hit it
I need to clean it up but I keep starting new projects. I think I'm hopeless haha
Old 12-17-2020, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Welcome from snowy Northern Indiana.
I hope you understand that I send you, in love, some suggestions for your sad, cold space that touched my heart. I had such a space and the best things that helped were to paint it a bright cheery color, including the woodwork, and to get some strong lighting. Marcia

Love this, and the earlier suggestions of heaters, storage solutions and 1/2 hour spurts of work. I will look at freshening the place up and making it comfy so that I love it in there and dont want to leave.

Thanks everyone for the welcome I'm glad to be here
Old 12-18-2020, 08:06 AM

Welcome to the QB from Michigan USA! It sounds like you have a good space to make into the best sewing space. Motivation is one thing that sometimes needs a bit of a nudge. The holiday break may just be the nudge you need. Here's to getting unpacked! I know you can accomplish this. I for one want to hear about your progress. I have been in a place were I couldn't even look at a sewing machine much less sew. It sometimes just takes time the Wham! Nothing can stop you. the effort it takes to talk on the phone goes into making a most beautiful quilted creation. I hope you can 'crack the whip' so to speak and begin a bit of organization without fear that that is isolated only to you. I don't believe I will ever see my sewing room all nice an neat.
Again welcome to the QB I do hope to see a lot of you here.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:08 AM

Welcome from SE Michigan USA
Old 12-19-2020, 12:54 PM

Hi Nikki and welcome to the board from NE Ohio, 🇺🇸.
Old 12-19-2020, 07:16 PM

Welcome to the board from Arizona. Good luck with your setting up your happy place. I remember when I worked full time, I could not wait to be able to sew sew sew sew when ever I wanted. Now I do that all the time.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:18 PM

Welcome from Idaho... put the phone down and get busy creating!
Old 12-20-2020, 11:13 PM

Just a quick little update... on sunday I spent most of my day sorting things out, unpacking, fixing things and cleaning the main house but I also went in and pulled fabric for a project I'm going to be working on in the new year and I started the cutting process. I have never cut all of the pieces all before sewing, I usually do it all as I go but am following a pattern this time so trying to do what I'm told. I'm very slow, I have cut 3 out of 24 fat quarters but am enjoying the process. I might get another few done later today
Old 12-30-2020, 06:53 PM

Hi NikkiNikkiNikki - from one Nikki to another! Yes, I am a Nikki also! I live in the US in the state of Missouri - smack dab in the middle of the country. I was the only Nikki that I ever heard about for years - and now there are a bunch of us. And a quilter too! I have two daughters, the youngest is a quilter and the oldest is just now starting to sniff around - following Bonnie Hunter - the Scrap Quilter - the only thing is, she doesn't have any scraps - but I guess her Mom (me) might be able to help her LOL
Old 01-06-2021, 11:16 AM

Default welcome from the sunset coast of Michigan

Welcome! Extra sweaters or a heater can make you have more energy in a cold space, and organizing just one thing a day is enough to make real progress. Hugs!