What kind of crack are y'all selling? >

What kind of crack are y'all selling?

What kind of crack are y'all selling?

Old 08-12-2021, 04:36 PM

Welcome from NE Ohio.
Old 08-12-2021, 06:24 PM

Welcome from Ohio!
Old 08-13-2021, 05:28 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan. Yepper this site is addictive. I too have added to my vintage machine collection since I joined the board. By far not as many as some. Most recently 2 FW machines and a Singer 66.
If you do plan on making a quilts start with something easy to make and you will get hooked on this too. Again welcome to the QB!
Old 08-13-2021, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
If you do plan on making a quilts start with something easy to make and you will get hooked on this too. Again welcome to the QB!
The spousal unit and I have toyed with quilting in the past. He’s got an entire quilt of squares done that have been in the fabric box for years now. All that needs to be done is see them together and do the batting and back piece. I’m usually a knitter/spinner during the winter months, but I have a new neice or nephew on the way and I think instead of a knitted baby blanket, this time it may need to be a quilt.
Old 08-13-2021, 11:35 AM

You might check out this gals blog. They live on a boat & travel all over the place. She quilts profusely for charities & showed a great part 1 & part 2 video on how she utilizes her space on the boat for her quilting. These videos are posted on Oct. 18, & Oct. 21, 2020. Scroll down about half way through this older blog & you will see part one & part two of her video. Her DH's blog (Our Travel Blog) is also very interesting. Your DH might enjoy reading his blog.

http://myquiltodyssey.blogspot.com/s...&by-date=false

Last edited by osewme; 08-13-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-13-2021, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by osewme View Post
You might check out this gals blog. They live on a boat & travel all over the place.

Ha! She lives on a YACHT! More accurately, a pilot house trawler! We live on a boat. I’m betting she’s in the 50-60ft range. We’re in a measly 40.

This is our, not named as of yet, girl. You’d think two gay dudes could come up with something witty and fabulous after three years, but no, the transom remains blank. She’s not the biggest in the dock, but we love her.

Attached Thumbnails 69335d54-16ac-4430-a040-23da936141be.jpeg  
Old 08-14-2021, 05:17 AM

Yep, their "boat" is 52' long & 15' wide but in my world, 40' is nothing to sniff at. She does have some cool ideas for making quilting work on it that might help you. Her husband has a lot of great knowledge in boating that also might help you if you decide to follow his blog. Don't stress, a name will come some day for ya'll.