Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
would like some help >

would like some help

would like some help

Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 PM

Please make sure your aunt will not be upset by seeing her things disappear. My sister knew that she was not going to win her battle with colon cancer, but she held onto her 2,500 quilt books & would not let us sell any while she was still alive.

Originally Posted by moreappy
I'm new here. I just found this site. I care for my elderly disabled aunt, who used to quilt. But, she can no longer do the work. I have what feels like a ton of books, materials, supplies that are no longer being used. I would like to sell them. So, if anyone could help me find a place to list and sell, I would greatly appreciate it. I know that this is for quilters and there are rules for selling. And since this is something that she can't do anymore, I need to move this out, so that it doesn't remind her of what she can't do. Thanks for listening.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:22 PM

Once you are a regular yes you can post under the adds here use pics 8-)
Old 08-18-2010, 03:32 PM

A list would be great..I'm sure there is things we can use
Old 08-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Welcome!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!
Please wait until you have become a "regular member" before you post the items for sale so that we can all have a chance at your aunt's quilting supplies. If you don't wait besides the ad being pulled you can be banned from this site.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:42 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
Old 08-18-2010, 07:06 PM

eBay is a great place to sell quilting items. That's where I've bought most of the quilting books, supplies, and fabric that I have. Also, check out www.yardsellr.com (**notice the last "e" is omitted in the word "seller" in the Web address.) That site doesn't charge seller fees. On the first page that shows up,click on the "About" tab. On the next page, click on "frequently asked questions." On that page, you will find information about selling on that site. yardsellr.com has posts that appear on facebook on the pages of people who have an interest in quilting. Good luck selling!
Old 08-20-2010, 01:20 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!
Please wait until you have become a "regular member" before you post the items for sale so that we can all have a chance at your aunt's quilting supplies. If you don't wait besides the ad being pulled you can be banned from this site.
that isn't accurate. we don't ban people for making simple mistakes. we only ban users who demonstrate a long, consistent pattern of dishonesty, being a troublemaker who stirs up drama for the sole-purpose of entertaining themselves watching us react to it, and/or other types of malicious behavior.

an ad placed before the member is eligible will most likely be deleted. however, if it was an obvious mistake, we also contact the member to explain the process. we would only ban that person if she/he kept reposting deleted advertisements in a blatant attempt to ignore the rules (which indicates to us that they do not respect our members), or if it seemed too much like a scam.

read the rules and ask questions if something is unclear. We moderate in order to keep the board a safe and happy place. We also believe in second chances. Everybody needs one of those every once in a while. ;-)
Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 PM

Hello and welcome from Oregon. Sorry to hear about your Aunt. You are a very compassionate person to help her. This is a very giving board, full of wonderful people.
:-D