Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Accucut  cutting sheets >

Accucut cutting sheets

Accucut cutting sheets

Old 02-18-2022, 09:09 AM

Default Accucut cutting sheets

HAVE ANY OF YOU EVER USED ROBOSOURCE POLYCARBONATE SHEETS ON AMAZON IN PLACE OF POLY SHEET ACCUCUT
SELLS. THERE SHEET AT 0.060 THICK ARE $9.95 FOR 12"X18"

SULLY 2 E MAIL [email protected] thanks
Old 02-18-2022, 09:49 AM
Power Poster

I have an older Go crank that I try new things to cut before I use my new Go. I have used other type of mats other then the Accuquilt mats. None have ruined the Go or the dies. The alternative mats may not last as long and some have cracked on first use. If I needed any mats I would try it out. I have a large stash of all size Accuquilt mats, all bought at low prices during the big sales this year at Accuquilt and Quilt in a Day. I rarely pay retail for mats. I stock up when I find a great sale price and free shipping. I got the 10 x 24 cutting mats a few months ago, two for $20 on a flash sale. Regularly $64.99 a set. I got five sets (ten mats), enough so I wouldn't have to look for sales again for a very long time.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:52 PM

I have all three of the Accuquilt machines (not studio) and I,love them. Plus I own many, many dies and mats - saying this about a very big investment, I would never try anything other than an Accuquilt mat to cut fabrics. I do understand about trying to save some $$$ but I just would not take a chance on possibly damaging any dies or machines. Just wait for some big sales - and they have them all the time - sign up for email notices. I just purchased a die I’ve wanted for 90% off after purchasing another similar die for full price. And I got free delivery.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC
Old 02-24-2022, 06:46 AM

thanks for the help on accucut question
Old 02-24-2022, 09:02 AM

I haven't tried this product but am looking to try a product similar at Home Depot.
Old 02-25-2022, 07:17 AM

I too got a pretty good buy on 10 mats (2 of each size I use) during the pre-holiday sales. however, they do get old, and I think the mats may tend to crack a bit sooner if they have been around a while. Anyway, I usually get my mats when they have a sale or if I am getting another die or dies, I will fill in with mats to get free shipping. I know I will be using the mats eventually, so I see that as a win.