Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Acorn Precision Piecing products.

Acorn Precision Piecing products.

I saw a demo of this product at my LQS and was amazed at the flat seams. After the seam was pressed a pen with this solution was used to run down the seam and pressed again and it was like there wasn't a seam in it at all. It was flat as a piece of paper. The precision glue by Acorn does not penetrate the fabric. They are making it too easy for us. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS1dN7kVEDc
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I took a class from them two years ago, their precision products are excellent. Their methods aren't for those that want to make 50 quilts a year as they add time to the process.

He has been a sewing machine tech forever and in the course of the day he tweaked everyone's machine, it was wonderful, I think students learned as much valuable info about that as about the piecing part!

I like reading the back story of products. This couple is very creative together.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

i have a pressing pen I use for turning edge applique and it is really nice.
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

wow, so like I clicked on here and thought, "ok, another product but idk, I think I'll
    go look and see if they can show me anything new or different."
    My attitude was, "Ok, impress me."
    They did not disappoint. I love Alex Anderson and I think I'm going to be looking
    further into this stuff and on to some of their other things. Thank you .
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

I'll just stick with my pins and Elmer's school glue, thanks for sharing though.

Quote Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
    i have a pressing pen I use for turning edge applique and it is really nice.
    The one made by Clover? I think it's the same principal.

I tried the Downy Wrinkle Release in the Clover pen. Didn't work like the Clover or Acorn solution.

I bought this product minus the "pen." The little bottle tip with the rubber cap dries out, and I always have to stick a pin in it to get it flowing. I use it mainly for glueing intersections, and it works well for that... but I can do the same thing with Elmers Washable School Glue for less cost. The Elmers glue comes apart for pressing seams open just as well as this product as long as I don't use too big of a glob of the Elmers.

I like to press my seams open, and if I get a seam that doesn't want to lay flat, I'll put a few dabs of this product on the inside of the seam, iron it dry, and problem solved.

It's a nice product, but I'm comfortable with using Elmers for the same thing so I don't think I'll buy it again.

The pressing solution was the one that impressed me. It makes the seam flat, no gluing required.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
    The pressing solution was the one that impressed me. It makes the seam flat, no gluing required.
    There is only one liquid. It can be put into their bottle with a metal tip or in their pen. The large bottle is to refill one of those two containers.

Quote Originally Posted by JENNR8R View Post
    There is only one liquid. It can be put into their bottle with a metal tip or in their pen. The large bottle is to refill one of those two containers.
    I have the Acorn starter kit. https://www.fatquartershop.com/easy-...cision-piecing

Kit contains:
    1 oz Seam Align Glue
    Easy Press Pen
    4 oz Easy Press Solution

Two different liquids. One a glue and one for pressing.

I used the glue for binding this morning. It is excellent. It does not wet the fabric or go in the fabric, it stays on top of the fabric. I like it.
    Last edited by fruitloop; 06-10-2019 at 07:28 AM.