Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: For all you readers

For all you readers

Quilts of Love Book Series

Have any of you read these? They look fun.

This one is the first one I found:

A Wild Goose Chase Christmas Book 2 by Jennifer AlLee

https://www.amazon.com/Wild-Goose-Ch...kbubemail15-20

I haven’t heard of this series but it sounds like a good read. I’m a bit OCD about books in a series as I want to start at the beginning so I’ll check out Barnes & Noble and see if they have them online. I have a membership so I get free shipping which can save quite a bit. Thanks so much for adding to my original addition - reading!!!!!

I love to quilt and read, but I find most quilting series to be too syrupy for my taste. I did enjoy the podcast quilt series set in the 1920's though. Perhaps when I was reading quilt series books my life was in such turmoil I couldn't appreciate them at the time. But like ladyinpurple135, I'd want to start at the beginning.

Only three available on audio through my library.

It looks like different books are written by different authors so maybe not so necessary to read in order.
    https://www.goodreads.com/series/78602-quilts-of-love

But I'm like that too... wanting to read them all in order written first, and then chronological order if the author didn't write them that way.

In a completely different genre, the latest Jack Reacher book by Lee Child just came off hold for me! Hooray for the library.
    Quilters: Advanced tool using humans.

Sandra Dallas is my favorite quilt fiction writer.

I have a friend who is an author of series books. She said she has to write the books to not be above an 8th grade reading and comprehension level. She follows the same plot of suffering, loss, mystery, winning, happy ending. In fact she has the plots already written in sequence she just fills in the blanks with characters and story. I don't have the enjoyment of most of the newer books now because I can see the plot sequence. There are no more Dickens and Bronte for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitloop View Post
    Sandra Dallas is my favorite quilt fiction writer.

I have a friend who is an author of series books. She said she has to write the books to not be above an 8th grade reading and comprehension level. She follows the same plot of suffering, loss, mystery, winning, happy ending. In fact she has the plots already written in sequence she just fills in the blanks with characters and story. I don't have the enjoyment of most of the newer books now because I can see the plot sequence. There are no more Dickens and Bronte for sure.
    This is sad....