Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
Amazon Price on 40yd Roll WN Crib Batting >

Amazon Price on 40yd Roll WN Crib Batting

Amazon Price on 40yd Roll WN Crib Batting

Old 10-13-2016, 06:40 AM

Default Amazon Price on 40yd Roll WN Crib Batting

I just ordered 2 rolls (45x40yds) of Warm & White Crib size Batting for $20 a roll. Yesterday when I checked in my cart the price was $130. I could hardly believe they lowered the price this much. Well, at that price and in order to keep from paying shipping costs, I ordered 2 rolls. That still didn't get me up to the free shipping price or I ordered yellow golf balls for my DH. I usually make my crib size quilts/lap throws, 45 x 60. If I have figured correctly, you can get 24 quilts out of each roll and at $20 per roll that means that each quilt's batting cost is less than $1. I am not sure how long this price will stay on Amazon. Just thought you all would like to know.
Old 10-13-2016, 07:07 AM
Power Poster

If it is the one I'm looking at, the listing says "by the yard" . Some entries under that heading are by the bolt, some($20) look to be by the yard. Let us know what you receive!
Old 10-13-2016, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
If it is the one I'm looking at, the listing says "by the yard" . Some entries under that heading are by the bolt, some($20) look to be by the yard. Let us know what you receive!
This was the original posting when I checked my cart this morning it was listed at $130. Now it is listed at $134. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Check this listing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new. As near as I can tell, I will be getting a full 45x40yd roll.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:08 AM
Power Poster

Good luck! Amazon sometimes does not know exactly what's going on. 2 months ago, I ordered a set of 2 pricey frying pans. They sent two sets of 2. After 3 emails, explaining that I needed to return a set, but no refund was needed, I got a shipping label, returned the extra set, and of course they credited my account. 2 emails later and I still have the refund. I tried.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Blackberry View Post
I just ordered 2 rolls (45x40yds) of Warm & White Crib size Batting for $20 a roll. Yesterday when I checked in my cart the price was $130. I could hardly believe they lowered the price this much. Well, at that price and in order to keep from paying shipping costs, I ordered 2 rolls. That still didn't get me up to the free shipping price or I ordered yellow golf balls for my DH. I usually make my crib size quilts/lap throws, 45 x 60. If I have figured correctly, you can get 24 quilts out of each roll and at $20 per roll that means that each quilt's batting cost is less than $1. I am not sure how long this price will stay on Amazon. Just thought you all would like to know.
Sounds very confusing...I looked at it too, and there were other prices showing $20.22, but the title is by the yard. Description references bolt size. I would love to hear what you actually receive. It might be a new item since I did not see any reviews.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:16 AM

This was the original posting when I checked my cart this morning it was listed at $130. Now it is listed at $134. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Check this listing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new. As near as I can tell, I will be getting a full 45x40yd roll.
I think you will be fine...I looked at another item https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._rd_i=12899091
and noticed it also says by the yard but describe a bolt. And it is over $200 on all prices shown. I don't care for 45 inch wide but it seems to be a great price and worth piecing together for my queen size quilt.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:40 PM

I just ordered 2rolls also, and I added 100ct sewing needles to get free shipping, thanks for the heads up
Old 10-13-2016, 02:01 PM

Let us know what you get - when I checked it said it usually ships in 1 to 2 months. Hope you aren't in a hurry.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
Let us know what you get - when I checked it said it usually ships in 1 to 2 months. Hope you aren't in a hurry.
No hurry. The last time I ordered a roll of warm & white I got the 90"x40yd roll. I am running a little low so when I saw this price I just couldn't resist. This will be better for me because all of my charity quilts are 45" wide. Now I won't have to cut the 90" width in two pieces.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:46 PM

Wow, thank you for letting us know! When I went on the link, it was $134, but to the right it had the "Amazon Prime" price of $20.22. I have Amazon Prime so I grabbed some. I use warm and natural for my quilts, and have always wanted to make charity quilts for the NICU where my son spent his first two weeks. This puts that dream a little closer! I have made them 36" x 45", cutting down a queen-sized batting, so this dropped my cost tremendously.

I double checked the description, and it says a 45" x 40 yard bolt of by-the-yard batting, I should be good, but if not, I'll return it.